cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bill-v_

Hello

Saw the commercial on t.v., and thought I'd stop by and say hello. I belong to the Chantix Users Group on Quitnet.com, and if this site is anywhere near as helpful, that would be a great thing! I've recently finished my Chantix plan, and can't say enough for the help I believe it gave me. I do not struggle with cravings as some do, but have had the occassional urge from time to time. These last for about as long as it takes to say "I don't smoke." Good luck to all of you, be strong and don't dwell on it. You'll make it!

Bill
Day 84
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Patvette

I started taking Chantix for the 4th time twice I quit for 4 months and dur to stupidity on my part smaked again and once it did not help art all, anyway here I go again. I have been taking it for 5 days now and seems like I am smoking more due to worrying that I wont be smoking in 2 days  I don't remember if this happened before.is it normal

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patvette‌ Glad you're here.  Have you written a goodbye letter to cigarettes? What have you done while you're worrying to think about other things and distract yourself?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Good morning Patvette  This is post is old, so you may not receive a response.   There are three ways to use Chantix to quit.  Did you choose one?   Don't panic.  Give the Chantix time to work.   Work on you plan and tools leading up to your quit.  Remember, Chantix is an aid, so you still need to the work.  Deep breathes, walking, etc to relax.  

Stay close and reach out when you need support.

Barb

Giulia

Welcome Patvette‌  Being anxious about quitting is quite normal.  So is smoking more before we quit.  When we think about what we can't have, we tend to want it more and focus on it.  Part of this quitting journey is changing the way we think about things.  The reason you're taking Chantix and the reason you're here is because you've chosen to stop smoking, right?  Nobody's making you.  Nobody can make us do something we really don't want to do.  That Best part of you understands that this is the best thing you can do for yourself.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/positive-affirmations-and-support/blog/2017/10/24/its-gonn...   Chantix is an aid.  It doesn't stop all cravings.  It's just one of the tools available to us.  Quit Kit aka Tool Box‌  For most of us long-term quitters, we had to do our homework.  We had to make quitting a priority.  We had look inside ourselves and figure some things out.  We had to study the nature of our particular relationship with this addiction.  For me, one of the first revelations was that smoking IS an addiction.  I had never thought of it that way.  There are many keys that will be given to you among the blogs and conversations here.  Some of them will open doors for you.  If what's behind the door helps - use it.  If it doesn't, unlock another door.  And PS - keep a sense of humor about you.  It helps!