cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

theresa18

HELP !!!!!

Tonight is day 13 and today all I can think about is smoking,, in my heart I do NOT want to start back, please if you have any advice send it quick, quick... for right now I'm going to eat a bowl of frozen yogurt, p.s. I'm even dreaming of smoking, is this normal ??????
0 Kudos
8 Replies
theresa18

OH BOY,,, I felt great I weighed this morning in 2 weeks I've lost 7 lbs. WOW !!!! That is enough to keep my will power up !!!!
0 Kudos
mel3

Theresa,Go for a walk or do laundry and stick gum or candy in your mouth! I always run and do something when i get to where that's all i think about(my house is clean) lol Try to find ways to stay busy and the urge will pass,also i have been using suckers,i can walk around the house with it,or if your out and about keep something to suck on in your purse.I think hard candy saved me and really helped.Believe me i went through it and if you do what i said the feeling WILL PASS.The dreams are normal,i woke up a couple of times hating myself for blowing it,but it was just a dream.You are strong and you CAN do it,hang in there!!!!
0 Kudos
theresa18

Wow, today is day 21.... kind of hard to believe I've made it this long. I have a Dr.'s appt. and I'll be so Proud to say I've quit smoking for 21 day's when they ask the question " do you smoke ??? " I've always hated that question but now I'll be looking forward to sharing my good new's with them, I'm going to ask for something to help me sleep, night time seem to still be hard for me, I read that Ambiean help's, Thank you to everyone for your support, it really did make a difference. God Bless you all !!!!!!
0 Kudos
mel3

That's great Theresa,I'm proud of you! I understand what a good feeling it is to say you don't smoke,I haven't been able to say that since I was 12.Have a great day!
0 Kudos
louise2

Hey, Theresa, dreaming about smoking, is quite normal and if I remember you said that you aree using nicotine patches. One of the side effects can be vivd dreams. Dreaming about smoking is simply your subconcious urges coming out. Better there than for real. You are doing great!!! The two week mark, is a tough one You will get over this hump. Just stay busy and do good things for yourself. Thinking of you in Hawaii being smoke free. Aloha, Louise
0 Kudos
kevin12

Hi,

I am on Day 10 right now and I have to say the second week is harder than the first. I am so glad to read that other people have had the "smoker dream". I had that last night and I really believed I had smoked. I woke up this morning thinking I was a loser giving up at this point, but then realized I really hadn't smoked. Weird stuff this nicotine withdrawal.

For those of you into your second or third week, when does it get easier? Does it ever? I find the late evenings the hardest.

Any help would be appreciated. Good luck to all and keep up the great work!

Kevin
0 Kudos
louise2

Hi Kevin,
I have quit many times over the years! I can honestly say that each time has been different. Some seem to be easier than others but, one thing I do know is that around the second week, it has always been more difficult for me. I don't know why but, it has. I am on day ten myself and yesterday and today were much more challenging than the previous 8 days! One of my biggest triggers, after eating a meal. I've been doing great and all of a sudden, Boom! The thought appears... I will say though as others have that the thought passes quickly and staying busy does help. So, good luck on your continuing journey and protect your quit at all costs. It's worth it.Aloha, Louise
0 Kudos

louise, i have the same problem i sail through the first week higher than a kite then suddenly i come floating down and hit the groud and get so depressed, so maybe this is normal for some people, but we will make it, just watch us. good luck bobbie
0 Kudos