cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

angel6

Quit Cold Turkey Today

Today is the day. This morning was great.... I didn't have any desire to smoke. I did really good at work until my lunch break! Since then I have been having non-stop craves all day long. One after another after another!! Yes they only last 3 minutes, but they are back to back. I keep pushing through them, but now I'm really anxious. And I have an enormous headache! I am going to make it through! Only another 8 hours, then I am officially on day 2. I am having to count the hours at this point. By the end of the day I will be counting minutes. Oh well, only 56 more hours until the nicotine is out of my system!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
peter-s.

Hi Angel, The first days are the cruelest. Just fight off those craves no matter what. It does get easier.
Keep up the good work and stay strong.
0 Kudos
banter

0 Kudos
angel6

Banter -
Thanks alot! I really needed an attitude adjustment! You are a wealth of information, and I'm sure glad you are here!
0 Kudos
tracy9

My name is Tracy and today it will be 124 days days since my very last cigarette. I quit cold turkey and after the first 3 days,. it was quite easy. I had to change my habits completely. No cigarette with that first cup of coffee, no sitting outside to read the paper and driving was rather hard. I just had to break the habits and the quitting would come. I want a cigarette every day and some days more than others, But I am bound and determined to stick with it. Every day it gets easier and some days are rather hard.
0 Kudos