cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kim37

Quit date Nov 29, 2008

This is my very serious try at quitting smoking. I am a mother of 5, I work at a job that I am not real found of, my husband is on disabilty, and I go to school. Does any one have any advice?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
christina21

It sounds like you have a full plate! Are you on any meds to help you? I had taken Wellbutrin for about three weeks and it was working beautifully. Around the 3 week mark I developed a mild reaction of itching and slight burning scalp. I am now in the process of weaning off of it and switching to something else for mild depression. I am proud to say the cravings are not returning. Just remind yourself that the smoking does not help ease ANY of the stress in your life. I would think of the triggers which led me to smoke and then recall the way I felt after smoking and the end result was the same as the beginning. I had my 6 year old begging me to stop and since she had quit sucking her thumb (which I know was really hard) I could not deny her that. She definately checks up on me if I go outside for something without her by sniffing me when I return. LOL! I found my #1 reason to stop and that is what you must do too! Have you already stopped or do you have a date picked? I also "weaned" myself from the nicotene and only have to keep up the psychological! Good luck!
0 Kudos
jennifer26

I'd also suggest trying an anti-depressant. Do you have the ability to guard the alone time that you need to recharge?
0 Kudos