cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lauren22

Feeling the pressure

Sometimes it gets soo very hard to be around smokers. I was at a party on Saturday and everyone was smoking. It wasn't that I wanted a cigarette, because I really didn't. It was the fact that they were smoking in my direction. Since everyone was smoking soo much it felt like I smoked an entire pack in the matter of a couple of hours. My chest has this constant feeling of pressure being applied after I've been around smokers for a couple of hours, especially heavy smokers. Even today I still feel like I smoked. Has this happened to anyone else?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yes if the area is to tight.........If open and plenty of room,then it doesn't seem to bother me.... I had no desire to light up.... prairie35dof

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Yes . So I stayed away from smokers a good half year at least. Same with alcohol. Now I can be around smokers and I am totally fine, although I notice how bad they stink. AND I can a have a drink or two now and then and am fine. Not much of a drinker, so it not a big deal for me. I avoided all situations as much as I could that I associated with smoking. It was well worth it, and I never missed a thing

0 Kudos
elvan

PRAIRIEROSELADY  and Mandolinrain  This blog is ten years old...wonder if she is still around.  I avoid being inside with people who smoke...I don't want to inhale what THEY are getting rid of.  It's not a matter of wanting to smoke, it's a matter of protecting my lungs...I did enough damage all by myself, I don't need THEIR smoke, thank you very much.

Mandolinrain

I can't stand being around smokers. I can smell them coming,lol....I do avoid them whenever possible. I didn't even pay attention that it was an old post. I often wonder when we are celebrating people on the freedom train, people who I have never seen in here, if they are actually still quit or have moved on???

We must take care of our health and whats left of it, I so agree Ellen.

xoxoMissy