Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

david37

Reason why I Quit

Causes and Risk Factors

Bladder Cancer

Cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) in the urine may lead to the development of bladder cancer. Cigarette smoking contributes to more than 50% of cases, and smoking cigars or pipes also increases the risk. I had the cancer removed from my bladder 1month ago.Doc said no more smokeing.I stoped smokeing 2 days ago.I have to go get -Heparin (Bovine) therapy in 3 months.
According to the National Cancer Institute, the highest incidence of bladder cancer occurs in industrialized countries such as the United States, Canada, and France. Incidence is lowest in Asia and South America, where it is about 70% lower than in the United States.

Incidence of bladder cancer increases with age. People over the age of 70 develop the disease 2 to 3 times more often than those aged 55–69 and 15 to 20 times more often than those aged 30–54.

Bladder cancer is 2 to 3 times more common in men. In the United States, approximately 38,000 men and 15,000 women are diagnosed with the disease each year. Bladder cancer is the fourth most common type of cancer in men and the eighth most common type in women. The disease is more prevalent in Caucasians than in African Americans and Hispanics.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sue7

Best wishes for your quit David.I hope your therapy goes well and that you will be cancer free. Hugs.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Wow - that's scary. Thank you for sharing your story, David. I pray that the doctors removed all of the cancer and that you are well on your way to a healthier lifestyle. Congratulations on 3 smoke free days now.
Photobucket
Photobucket.....Photobucket If you need me 🙂
0 Kudos
david37

Thank you Doreen , right now it`s one day at a time.Im going to beat this.It`s just a bump in the road.
0 Kudos
robert-rubino

DAVID--GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR THERAPY--I NEVER KNEW SMOKING COULD AFFECT YOUR BLADDER??? USUALLY ==ITS THE LUNGS--OR OTHER PARTS??? IT CAN BE CURED THO -RIGHT? I QUIT 40 DAYS AGO---I JUST THOUGHT --ITS ABOUT TIME! HAVENT TOUCHED A CIG YET!! HOPE I CAN KEEP GOING---HOPE U WILL BE FREE FRM YOUR PROBLEM TOO KEEP IN TOUCH DAVID--TAKE CARE
0 Kudos