cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marlee

questions about multiple triggers, social smoking, and tracking # of cigs

greetings everyone--new here. I posted this in my "comment" box but thought I should post here as well:

I'm a "social smoker" in that I will go days without smoking, but if I end up going out with friends on any given weekend, I will light up. For several years now, I've tried to look up quitting programs that focus on this sort of habit, and have found little guidance. I like this site and the ability to track when I smoke. There are two things that I've been thinking about with regard to this site: 1. my "trigger" is two-fold or three-fold (i.e., drinking, relaxing, friends) but I can only pick one when doing the tracking. 2. There's nowhere to track how many cigarettes I smoke (i.e., sometimes I may have 2 cigarettes and sometimes I may have 10--which is a big difference to me when for the rest of the week I don't smoke any at all).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
cindy25

Wow. You are different! It sounds like you don't feel nicotine dependent? You just like to poison yourself when having a good time lol. One of my Triggers was to smoke when drinking with friends. Even with nonsmoking friends (most of mine are nonsmoking) I would "sneak away" and smoke sometimes. But for the most part I waited until I got home, then lit up (because I am an addict to nicotine). Since my state doesn't allow smoking inside anymore, most smokers were "forced" to separate from smoking and public socializing, You can still track your cigarettes but it sounds like you don't really need to. You just need to not smoke around your friends. If you don't have withdrawals, then I am not understanding why you don't just stop the social smoking. Am I missing something?
0 Kudos