cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Serious help needed please

Hey all, I quit on June 21, three days shy of my actual quit date. I've had cravings off and on, but even when I was out drinking with all my friends who smoke I was good.

My problem is I'm having some weird mood sudden mood swings the last two days and the only reason I wonder if it's something to do with quitting smoking is 1)It coincides with the time I've had my most cravings and 2)I'm still early into my quit.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels anxious and like sobbing like a little baby. I could really use some support right now.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
angel6

Karma-

It is natural to have mood swings. We are going through a "grief process" because we have "lost" a major part of our lives. It is natural to go through all of the steps of grief when we quit smoking... mood swings are a part of that. Just try to keep your positive attitude through those times.....Don't give in! You are on week 3 , and they say that is another one of the difficult milestones. Hang tight, and if you ever need anything let me know!

Smoke free and healing for One week, 12 hours, 26 minutes and 11 seconds. 120 cigarettes not smoked, saving $23.16. Life saved: 10 hours, 0 minutes.

Thanks Angel, I've been trying to notice when they're coming on and take myself out of situations until they pass.

Appreciate all the help and support here, I couldn't have gotten this far without you all! : )

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 2 seconds (23 days). I have saved $59.76 by not smoking 351 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 5 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2008 12:30 AM
0 Kudos
missyallen

OMG...I am near tears all of the time! Of course, I have only one week, but I definitely relate to how you are feeling. Just imagine how much worse we would feel if we picked up a cigarette. You posted instead; be proud of yourself! 

0 Kudos
cbgerber

Karma,

I am new to this site and I just realized that some of what I am reading was posted years ago.  My question for you today - are you still with the group and are you still smoke free.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
tonyam7837

Hi I don't think it's you!  I 'm blaming it on your socallizing with your friends that smoke and Drink.  But it could be something medical. I would get checked out before it worsens!!!

0 Kudos