cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LKevinl

Took a break

I’ve been smoke free since April 2020.this group helped tremendously. Went off site when I felt, or more accurately, wasn’t needing help.

But urges come back. So i put on a patch and continue to not smoke.

kevin

Tags (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Patch is better than smoking, but you are STILL reintroducing nicotine back into your body.  Can you think about what caused you to want to smoke after almost a year?  Were you drinking alcohol?  Having emotional drama in your life?  Perhaps the change in seasons, or doing something you only do rarely?  If you can figure out what started it, you can plan how to get past those feelings next time.  Sometimes you need to change your mind's direction by telling yourself, "I don't DO that anymore" and getting busy doing something to take your mind off it?  Or taking slow/deep breaths until the thoughts pass?

I hate that you will have to go through withdrawal from nicotine again.  Let's get you started being quit again.  How can we help?

Nancy

Treehugger85

THIS IS QUIT! Being on a NRT doesn't mean you're back to being a smoker!!!! We're all QUIT NRT OR NOT! He is still quit regardless!

Jennifer-Quit

Sometimes the urges are more psycological rather than physical - so think some about why you are having urges after all this time and look for additional ways to get past it in addition to the patch.  BTW - I used the patch as an aid so I am not anti NRT - but it does take more - Best wishes!

Treehugger85

Same I'm definitely not Anti - NRT and using the patch too. So you reintroduced nicotine IN A VERY SMALL AMOUNT to your system! You didn't smoke so you still made an accomplishment! I personally hate anti NRT's who put people down for doing this instead of smoking.  What is smoking better?

Think about why, stick around here even when you don't think you need to, and move on. Don't let people put you down either for what you did!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations on keeping the quit LKevinl ... it really helps keeping close to the support site ... I hate that you had to put nicotine back in your body, but better than smoking...we are so here for you...wishing you a Happy Friday ~ Colleen 816 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

A year without smoking is a good thing. I am glad that you recognized that you could use the EX community for support. It may help if youStay Connected You never have to go it alone.  Education is the key to success, try to understand the psychological aspect of the addiction to nicotine. Review those questions that Nancy Youngatheart- posed to better understand what is happening to your quit. Your quit is too precious to lose.

Barbscloud

Glad you caught yourself before you smoked, even if it took the patch to do it.  Happy you came back to the Ex for support.  

Barb

Gai.C

I know you're Happy that u didn't smoke.  U have to do what works for you. Hopefully this is short lived and u won't need any NRT but if so that's fine. Take care of yourself 

0 Kudos