cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

test_105

First impressions of being a nonsmoker

What is the biggest benefit you've noticed from quitting?

6 Replies
CrazyQuitter

The smell. Being able to smell things like what a clean house smells like, What I smelt like. being able to breathe easier and be free from it and not ever wanting to go back to it!

I'm 8 years, 1 month free!

I’m into three months of not smoking. I can’t you how many people have commented and I also noticed that my face, my complexion and color is 100% better than when I smoked. I never knew that smoking can be so so bad for my skin. Now I literally have a glow and my face is so much brighter. People are asking me what I’ve been getting. When I smoked I’ve had people tell me about how much my skin will improve but when you’re a smoker and an addict you just don’t care. Now, I’m loving this nonsmoking thing!!

dsprague

Overall health coming back to a nonsmoking person. Fantastic.

indingrl

I am NOT as fat as I use to be and I can EXercise without HEAVY breathing that MADE me sit down and cry - in MY PAST OLD ADDICTED LIFE and just for  TODAY - I can cross MY legs and BEFORE I couldn't - ONLY by MY Daddy Gods grace - I do NOT SUCK ON DEATH STICKS to stay skinny - I HAD a lot of eating diseases in MY PAST - I use to SMOKE 50 cigs a day and EXercise and NOW - one day at a time - I don't -  in MY Lord Jesus - I am set FREE to eat and FREE to live as a JOY filled NON smoker with YOU and everybody here in this DAY ONLY -  fully present breathing FREE and loving MY life in MY Lord Jesus - please I am talking about ME and just sharing thank you SOOOOOOO much for giving ME hope to STAY quit with YOU - TODAY  

AnnetteMM

My sense of smell came back in a BIG way! In fact, breathing in deeply of great smells was a huge motivator for me in the beginning months of my quit. I now have over 3 years in and still enjoy that deep breath of something sweet and beautiful.

elvan

I smell so much better & l am not looking around all the time for a place where l can smoke. It is incredibly freeing.

Ellen