cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

Sleeping a lot

Been working from home since covid-19 began quit day was 2-21-21 however since I quit I notice all I want to do is sleep especially on my lunch  break   when I get off at 330 watching TV fall asleep til about 6 or 7 then can't sleep when it's time for bed  up til 1 2 maybe 3 I'm all out of sorts

12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

'Fraid everything you describe is par for the course.  Those first, awful days are the reason I quit on my first and only attempt at it over 8 1/2 years ago.  I didn't think I would ever be able to talk myself into going through it again!

Maybe at lunchtime you could take a quick walk, even though you feel sleepy.  Might wake you up and allow you to get back on schedule!  It will also give you some sunshine and a hit of dopamine from the exercise, something you are missing when you quit,  If you can't get out, try some sit/stands, or a few jumping jacks, or marching in place with your arms swinging.

Hope it helps!!

elvan

You are adjusting to a HUGE change, it will get better.

Ellen

Barbscloud

Quitters react differently.  Some (like me) needed to stay busy, while other's need to sleep a lot.  Listen to your body need right now.

Barb

JuJuCFruit

I have been sleeping a lot too.  Usually 10 hours a night.  Luckily I have been able to sleep very well.

Day 19 for me.

Having problems using this new system and seeing and responding to comments to me.  Learning curve for this Ex system as well as life as a  nonsmoker.

I used to smoke about a carton a week, so about 1 1/2 packs a day.  I have been using a 21 mg patch as well a 4 or 5 pieces 4 mg gum.  So my replacement has been about the same nicotine content.  I still feel that I am making very good progress though.

Hanging in there.  Best wishes to other new nonsmokers!

Ready2021

1'week today a few urges but nothing major besides my head hurts

JuJuCFruit

Congrats!  Hopefully a Tylenol will help the headache.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 19 days. That is fabulous.  I smoked the same--bought a carton a week.  I'm glad you're sleeping so well--some quitters get insomnia which is no fun.  Looks like you're doing ok with responding to comments.  We're actually having an upgrade sometime in March so none of us will know what we're doing.    Follow the directions for the gum and you'll do fine weaning off it it.  I used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers, a smoking cessation class and was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I don't believe it myself--after smoking for 50 years, I'll be celebrating 3 years on the 13th.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

JuJuCFruit

Fantastic on your time!   Very encouraging for me!  

I also smoked for FIFTY years!

Treehugger85

It's okay! Your body is healing.  I'm 1 week quit and although I read the education and materials, what I have felt this past week was intense.  Let your body heal as I am mine! It will take a while but we can do this.  You didn't become a smoker overnight, you can't become a non smoker overnight either.