cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

GETTING READY, THURSDAY 2/11/21

I am getting things in order for my February 14, 2021 QUIT.   I am going to put every effort into this QUIT.  I know I can do this.  Tomorrow I will wash the ashtrays.  There are people in the household who smoke.  One smokes cigars, which do not tempt me at all.  I think cigars are disgusting. So that is a plus for me.  The other friend smokes, but comes and goes and she is willing to NOT smoke around me.  So that is a plus.  I know I can do this. I really think it will be easier since I am putting my mind into it.  I know there will be a lot of temptations and frustrations, but I will move through those.  I am going to stay close to all of you. Read, read, read.  Lot's of good food here to digest.  It is below zero here and lots of snow. I can't go out. I went to Physical Therapy today and I do have 3 exercises I am to work on during the day.  I have a better attitude. So, I just can't put myself on Cloud 9 that I am quitting. That's where I get into trouble.. A bit like being euphoric.  So, I shall talk to you all later, and I will let you know how I am doing.  I wish the best of success to all of you. Thank you for your kindness and awesome guidance.  Til next time. Stay Safe.

Labels (1)
12 Replies
indingrl

Cathy and I am glad you have gathered YOUR STAYING QUIT TOOLS - please remember to blog BEFORE you take that first puff over YOU - just grab some celery sticks and crunch on those then BLOG what's happening and please give US time to respond - thanks for HELPING ME to STAY QUIT with YOU - Yahoooooooo - NotOnePuffEver over YOU

sweetplt

So glad you are preparing for the big day....CathyC1332 ... yes, yes stay close to us...do other’s smoke cigarettes in the house? Perhaps they and the cigar smoker can smoke outside for a time to help you in your quit...Valentine’s is a good day to quit ... wishing you a Happy Friday ~ Colleen 802 DOF 

Barbscloud

Happy to hear you're still on schedule and preparing for your quit.  What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day--showing you love yourself enough to quit.  Stay close.

You got this.

Barb

Strudel

Welcome to the site and congrats on deciding to quit! February 14th is a perfect day - your heart will love you for it!  

elvan

Welcome back, DO stay close to the site, reach out BEFORE you smoke. Valentine’s Day is a great quit day.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Ready to celebrate tomorrow with you.   

Barb

0 Kudos
Rachy2283

Congratulations CathyC1332‌!! I'm super excited for you!! You sound a lot like me 38 days ago!! You are right YOU CAN DO THIS!! My husband smokes around me in our house and I have been a nonsmoker for almost a month and a half now!! It seemed so far away even a week just a short time ago but each day WON is a boost in confidence.  Things that helped me a TON were water, breathing exercises, read read reading here... And I chew a TON of gum!! We are all rooting for you and I am excited to walk this journey with you. Have a great day 1!! 

Barbscloud

Happy quit day and Happy Valentine's Day.

Barb

0 Kudos
CathyC1332

Please don't give up on me. I failed I smoked

I dont have cigarettes but I borrowed one. O well. I will keep pounding my attitude.   Happy Valentine's Day! Stay safe.

Newbie learning to say NO.