cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Madmrt

Is it supposed to feel bad when I workout?

Ok so I went to do a light workout and  I got really winded during it is it normal to get tired and winded 2 weeks into quitting like when can I got back to full workouts 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
meWisconsin

I was walking 2 to 3 miles daily before I quit smoking so can't really help with the getting winded 2 weeks into you quit. I can tell you that you will feel much better the longer you get into your quit. Keep at it, you're doing great.

Terry

sweetplt

Madmrt We are not medical professionals, if you are getting winded while exercising you may want to check with your Doctor to be safe than sorry...I will tell you in the beginning of my quit I tired faster at the gym, but it got better as I get further in my quit...keep us posted on how you are doing ...Colleen 800 DOF

Barbara145

Your oxygen saturations are probably low.  You can get a pulse oximeter and check.  I have COPD and emphysema.  If I work out too hard I can feel exhausted for a day. Probably a good idea to see your doctor.  The very best thing you can do for your lungs is never smoke again.  Daily walks can help you become more fit.  Congratulations on quitting smoking.

elvan

We can’t tell you what is “normal” since we are all different. Some people feel almost immediate improvement & some people, like me, did so much damage that we will never get back to where we want to be. I have COPD, Emphysema & the damage is progressive & irreversible. Does that mean that l give up & go back to smoking? Absolutely NOT. I keep going forward & celebrating what l CAN do, no matter how small it may be. Don’t get discouraged, if it seems to be getting worse or not improving at all, see your doctor to get baseline lung functioning tests. In the meantime, keep going one day at a time. Congratulations on two weeks, keep going.

Ellen

Barbscloud

This can be normal after quitting smoking.  

• 8 to 12 hours after quitting, you blood carbon monoxide level drops. Carbon monoxide is the same dangerous fume that comes from car exhaust. It causes your heart rate to increase and causes shortness of breath. Within 8 to 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops, and your blood oxygen increases.

If it continues you should check with your physician.   I don't know how long you've smoke, but many smokers qualify for  Low Dose Lung CT that should be done yearly. You may want to check into that also.

Congrats on your success!

Barb