cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

disneymom9796

Help for my son who vapes

I am here as a parent of a child (16 years old, soon to be 17) who vapes.  I caught him this summer.  He promised he would stop.  I have taken 2 more vapes from him since then. 

I need help to be able to help him. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

Here's a blog to help you get started:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2019/07/11/helping-your-children-who... .

You might also search "children vaping help"  using the magnifying glass in the top right corner for other blogs and answers on the subject.

Keep in mind that your son is addicted to nicotine - so it's not easy to quit.  It CAN be done, though!

Glad you found us!  Be sure to ask questions as you have them!

Nancy

KellanC74

At 16 the only thing I can do for my daughter is curb her money flow.  I can tell that she is still continuing to vape with her attitude, asking for a candle to burn in her bedroom.  She still needs to find out on her own the consequences   She has to use two inhalers daily since September and another when she plays sports 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KellanC74 wrote:

At 16 the only thing I can do for my daughter is curb her money flow.  I can tell that she is still continuing to vape with her attitude, asking for a candle to burn in her bedroom.  She still needs to find out on her own the consequences   She has to use two inhalers daily since September and another when she plays sports 

How's your daughter doing @KellanC74 

@disneymom9796 how are things with your son?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
KellanC74

My daughter still vapes but she has a lot going on in her life that is overwhelming. Hopefully when she can finally see the end of the it and start over she can give up vapes 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KellanC74 Thanks for the update.  Bummer to hear that she's still vaping, that life is trying for her and will likely need a reboot at some point. Have you had her try ThisIsQuitting.com ? 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
KellanC74

I did talk to her awhile ago about getting involved with a support group.  Poor kid has to deal with adult stuff so young. Getting her through high school for another month is hard right now 

0 Kudos
JANIE1964

Me too.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome, @JANIE1964 

While I saw your response, only those who responded here will see it.  To remedy that, I hope you will write a blog to introduce yourself to the current active members.  You will reach a wider audience by doing so.  Go to "Ex Community" - top left, then center blue box, "Post a Journal/Blog."  

Hope to see you there!

Nancy

0 Kudos