cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Queenboarhog1

Smokin dreams

Does anybody else have a dream where you smoke a cigarette and then you're mad at yourself for smoking that cigarette and then you wake up I've had two of these dreams it's been 17 days since I quit

Tags (1)
18 Replies
tyndallgw

Yep...I had a similar dream about two weeks ago, and I'm at almost six months quit.

0 Kudos
Queenboarhog1

Oh wow did you feel mad at yourself in your dream?

0 Kudos
tyndallgw

I remember feeling more shocked than mad.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Many of us had smoke mares....I wasn’t really mad at myself ... sorta scared, and not sure if really happened for real or not when I woke up...~ Congratulations on 17 days of Freedom... keep close to the support site for help...Colleen 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Smokemares are a normal part of the quit journey!  Not sure EVERYBODY has them, but I know lots of us do.  I was SO proud when I had one early in my quit, I actually stopped myself from actually lighting the cigarette.  However, further along I had one where I was sitting in a beautiful garden and not only did I light that sucker up, but I smoked the entire thing and enjoyed every last bit of it!

"William Shakespeare - Macbeth - Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Pay them no mind!

Queenboarhog1

Day 20 !!! Feeling that Nico monster  nipping at my toes  right now  so  I get on the ex  and I read your post...... thank you... you are very much appreciated have a great day and stay safe Michelle

anaussiemom

I have had dreams where its in my hand...
So Yes.

Congratulations on your quit.  Be gentle on yourself.
Just a normal part of the journey for many.

144021897_1694718487376384_3903704505899033507_n.jpgHugs Kim~zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif

Queenboarhog1

I like that picture. it is day 20 for me and I'm feeling the nico monster nipping at my toes so I hop on the Ex I'm determined to quit thank you for your support have a good and safe day

green1611

Yes... dreamed smoking cigarette in one hand, another coffee ... few times after quit.

Dreams are ones we keep thinking about !

So obvious dream in the night during initial phase of quit.

However later part of quit.. after completion of 100 days, hardly such dreams ....