cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Jooy

Can I get some feedback on patches

I quit on Jan. 5 at 3:00.  54 years of smoking.   I put on the patch and have been good ever since.  My question is

How is it to go from 21mg to 14 mg?   I will be doing that soon.  Thanks, Jooy (Joyce).

Labels (1)
8 Replies
dsprague

Patches I believe are 4 to 6 weeks depending on what you need an wear longer or shorter time. I went from 21 to 14 in about 3 weeks, working on week 2 for 14, but that’s me you need to gone on what you feel. I want nicotine out as soon as possible. Don’t force it though. Time and patience is on your side.

YoungAtHeart

I didn't use patches, but do understand this addiction and what they provide for you.  If you think you have gotten a handle on changing up your routines to reduce the triggers/associations, have been figuring out how to change your mind's direction when you feel like you want to smoke, then it might be time to give the lower dose a try.  You will have a bit of withdrawal pangs from doing it, but if you stay busy when you get a craving, you will do fine.

Just promise yourself you will put a higher dose back on and give it time to build up in your system before you smoke if the going gets too tough.

Let us know how it goes!!

Nancy

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

it will be fine.  You probably wont feel the difference, when going to 14 mg.   Your going to do great!

Jennifer-Quit

I used 21 mg for 3 weeks, 14 mg for 2weeks, and 7 mg for 1 week.  I did not notice a major change when I stepped down in strength.  Best wishes to you!

anaussiemom

Read the Pamphlet". That will give you your best tips and the advice you are seeking

Blessings Happy Friday

One of several patch site links.

How NicoDerm CQ Works | NicoDerm CQ 

Barbscloud

As anaussiemom said.  Follow the directions and you'll be fine.  Congrats on the first day of your quit.

Barb

Gai.C

I used patches stepping down every 28 days  didn't notice the difference between mg. 

Barbscloud

How are you doing?  Are the patches helping with your quit.

Barb