cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsprague

Is it normal for the points to disappear and come back again ?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

dsprague‌ Points seem to be working again.

Let me know if you see them.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Points have been unreliable for YEARS!  Pay them no mind!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

They'll be obsolete when we move to the new community platform. Sorry they're being finicky!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Don’t have to be sorry. Computers got to love them.

Oh boy, really?  There will be no points????  Does that mean there won't be any badges either?  No gaming whatsover???  Hope hope?  Nah, not possible.  I'm sure we we won't be told what we're losing and what we're gaining.  Truth is scary.  But then we have to find it all out on our own, like it's a big surprise.  Oh!  Here's your new platform and by the way these are all the things that you were used to that aren't going to be there any more.  Or aren't going to be there in the way you used to know them.

May I just say that I find it very helpful to know what I'm in store for.  Why is what you just said, Mark, being disseminated in such a "quiet" way.  You're being truthful but...  Blog response by blog response.  Perhaps you're not free to announce it yet, and I understand that but.... Why isn't Truth, being truthful and as  transparent as they were in the last platform change?  May I just say as a dedicated long-term member here that transparency really helps the community understand the changes that are going to take place.   And as I long-term supporter here, I need to know what's coming so that I can help those who are going to be totally lost.  And upset.  And leave because of it.  

Giulia wrote:

Oh boy, really?  There will be no points????  Does that mean there won't be any badges either?  No gaming whatsover???  Hope hope?  Nah, not possible.  I'm sure we we won't be told what we're losing and what we're gaining.  Truth is scary.  But then we have to find it all out on our own, like it's a big surprise.  Oh!  Here's your new platform and by the way these are all the things that you were used to that aren't going to be there any more.  Or aren't going to be there in the way you used to know them.

There won't be points. Beyond that I don't have details to give at this point. Think of it as a new construction house.  The drywall is in and the fixtures and some of the appliances are going in but there's not enough stuff in the place to call it a home yet. Just like one of those shows on TV where they transform a house. We're excited to show you the final project and do the big reveal, we're just not to the point yet to give substantial information.

Just like the prior move we will provide more information prior to the community move. We did share last time things that we gained and things that were lost as the result of that move just over 4 years ago. We also communicated to users in advance those who needed to do things on their account prior to the move. It will be no different this time either. Moving a community, especially a community with such a large mass of content is a great undertaking and we're focused on getting our new home set up and decorated and also preparing the logistics behind moving all of the things. 

Will there be change? Yes, it happens when you move any community to a new platform.  A lot of decisions have to be made. Please note that I have been watching and observing and reading over the past 4 years and have been absorbing information and all those things have gone into the future of the EX Community. Will everything be perfect the first day on the community? I could hope but that isn't realistic. We will work though to refine and improve things even after we move. Just as before I'll work along side members and help everyone learn about the new community so that they become more comfortable. People will undoubtedly have questions that we hadn't thought of and we'll prepare answers as quickly as possible.

Giulia wrote:

May I just say that I find it very helpful to know what I'm in store for.  Why is what you just said, Mark, being disseminated in such a "quiet" way.  You're being truthful but...  Blog response by blog response.  Perhaps you're not free to announce it yet, and I understand that but.... Why isn't Truth, being truthful and as  transparent as they were in the last platform change?  May I just say as a dedicated long-term member here that transparency really helps the community understand the changes that are going to take place.   And as I long-term supporter here, I need to know what's coming so that I can help those who are going to be totally lost.  And upset.  And leave because of it.  

Understood and we're working on communicating the upcoming changes. I'll always be transparent with you and I'm always truthful. Those communications will be more broad just as they were with the last migration. More details to come as we get closer to migrating and establish a final date.

There have been some specific questions that have been asked regarding current functionality. I've been reactive to those questions/comments because I want to be transparent that there is a chance that they won't be fixed before we move platforms. Since points won't be moving over I wanted to properly set expectations. Not everything has a definitive answer at this time. I hope you can understand that.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
sweetplt

Points will drive you crazy...they disappear often...I love seeing them, especially in the early days...but now I rarely pay attention to them...Colleen 

0 Kudos
pir8fan

Not sure I would allow someone that I was paying to provide a service to be finicky!

Hey Tommy in His love I love YOU