minihorses

Verse and prayer today

Discussion created by minihorses on Jan 30, 2021
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2021 by Hannahkim12345

I was going through my Bible apps and found this relevant verse and prayer today so I'd like to share it.  The verse is from John 6:20-21. (The fisherman had rowed out to sea to cast their nets when a storm came in. Jesus was approaching the boat, walking on the water)

* Note: The verses are directly from the Bible. I am borrowing the thoughts and prayer from the apps but they have been either paraphrased or changed to more reflect the relevancy to this site.

"But he said to them, "It s I, don't be afraid." Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading."

Thoughts: Jesus comes to his disciples to comfort them in the storm on the sea. It should be noticed that Jesus uses the name "I Am" that identifies him as God. He also uses the command "Don't be afraid" which is found frequently in the Bible which helps us find our way through life's toughest storms.

Prayer:  Father God whose name is "I Am", you have redeemed your people through deserts and great victories, and you raised Jesus from the grave. I may be having a difficult time trusting you to lead me through the challenge of quitting smoking. I know you can bring me through whatever trials I may have. Please forgive me when I am afraid to be bold and strengthen me to have the faith in you, to trust you will be in my presence. In Jesus' name, amen.

Outcomes