cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rosie1917

NYC Shout out!

Taking a peek at the different groups on here and noticed a surprisingly quiet New York Quitters group. What's up, New York?! Quit with me!

Anyway, say hi if you're an eastcoaster. Let me know how your journey is going, especially if you're struggling. 

Keep it real.

- Rosie

9 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Jackie in Virginia shouting out to Rosie1917 NYC . You can do it. Have a smoke free day.

YoungAtHeart

I am in Baltimore. . I LOVE NYC!  Spent one of the best days of my life there, doing all the tourist things.  I ice skated on a watershed almost every day as a kid, and started in again when my youngest wanted to learn.  We went to NYC a week before Xmas (a day in the 40's no less!) with all the decorations, enchanting shop windows, crowds a-bustling, and skated on the rink in Rockefeller center under that magnificent live tree.  Magic!

Rosie1917

I'm sure its much nicer to skate as a non smoker! It sounds like you and your kid had a wonderful time. 

YoungAtHeart

Rosie1917 Oh, we DID, we went to the Metropolitan, walked all over Manhattan looking at the store window displays (a bakery we saw had phyllo concoctions that had the translucent coloring of the rainbow trout they were made to represent, Santa and present cakes that were masterful), went into a tiny, tiny toy store just PACKED with wonderful things for children, ate our packed PBJ lunches in Central Park with the squirrels begging on the bench arms, even did a carriage ride through the Park, and LOVED the Dell and lake with folks skating there.  An absolutely magical day! 

elvan

No matter where we live, the recovery from nicotine addiction is the same journey. 
Ellen

dsprague

Hi Rosie1917, I am in PA, and it’s been a grand an glorious 33 days smoke free, absolutely love it. It’s been tough at times but the benefits far outweigh the addiction.

MarilynH

Hi Rosie I'm in New Brunswick Canada I'm so glad we're all in this quit journey together rooting each other stacking up those precious DOF ~ Days Of Freedom so each evening we can say YAY for another Day WON it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination in those early days and weeks of quitting smoking BUT with commitment and perseverance it's absolutely Doable and totally worth it to be Free....

elvan

I grew up in NY but not the city, l lived in Western NY State until we moved to Virginia in 1995.

sweetplt

Hahaha great post Rosie1917 ... Hi From West Coast of Florida...but home mostly North east Pennsylvania... not too far from New York...wishing you a Happy Friday ~ Colleen