cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rodonald

Chewing Tobacco

So my father was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, he has been a dipper since he was 12, he is 60 now. I picked up the habit when I was 18 and I am now 31. I decided to quit for my kids. I don't want to put them though what I am going through with my dad. This is hard on day 5 of hell week, a lot of the helping info is more towards smokers and designed for smokers. So if anyone has any info they can pass along that will help someone with chewing tobacco I would greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
15 Replies
indingrl

Thank you for sharing and I am SOOO sorry about YOUR Dad

How to Quit Chewing Tobacco, Snuff or Snus 

Chewing tobacco: Not a safe product - Mayo Clinic 

I HOPE these HELP

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rodonald‌ 

Yes, a majority of the people here are quitting smoking so much of the content posted in the community relates to quitting smoking.  There is the Chewing \ Smokeless Tobacco and Tobacco-Free Pouches‌ group where there are some posts by other people who chew or previously chewed.  The whole community is focused on quitting nicotine so no matter the delivery method you may find advice applicable throughout the community for avoiding cravings.  Think about how you can apply the principles to your quit journey instead of excluding the info just because someone who previously smoked, posted it. 

As indingrl‌ mentioned How to Quit Chewing Tobacco, Snuff or Snus is available for you in the non-community portion of our site.

There are also some posts from Mayo on the topic. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2018/02/21/what-about-chew?sr=search...  Search Results | Mayo Blog | Chewing 

Or you might find posts across the community as well: Search Results | EX Community | Chewing 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Sootie

Maki‌ reply says it all I think.......once we get rid of our "delivery method" the problem becomes the craving for nicotine. So read some of the blogs mentioned and read all of us. We are all just addicts trying to be free.

So very sorry about your Dad......quitting smoking cigarettes or chewing or any addiction that rules your life and ruins your life is a decision you will never regret.

WELCOME. Stay Strong.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sootie wrote:

Maki reply says it all I think.......once we get rid of our "delivery method" the problem becomes the craving for nicotine.

Great to see you Sootie‌     Maki‌ Mark‌.  Maki‌ > Mark‌ is probably more accurate!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Sootie

Mark--- I have no idea what your message means..........

0 Kudos
Sootie

HA!!! You are correct!!! Sorry---I mis-read Mark for Maki

But, while we are on the subject....I can't do the @Mark for you.....won't work....your avatar doesn't appear.....never has for me. Not sure WHAT I may be doing wrong.

Giulia  See above. Maki did not delete....it was my eyes.....getting old like the rest of me.

Soooooooooooo     Rodonald Hope you are still around and hope you found some of us you can identify with.

Stay Strong     

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sootie the way to get an "AT" mention for Mark is to surround his name in quotation marks ('cause he's that special!)   e.g. @ "mark" (no space between the AT symbol and his name.Sootie  When you do that his name will be on the popup list.  There are a zillion references to this.  Just type "quotation marks" in the search bar and you will see them all.  Where have you been?  Must be that cold north wind freezing your pretty brain.  I mentioned it 2 years ago, 1 year ago, 6 months ago.  Others have mentioned it.  There was an entire discussion about not be able to "at" mention Mark:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/226922-re-are-you-able-to-mention-mark?commentID=226922#c...  To which you responded:   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/226922-re-are-you-able-to-mention-mark?commentID=226922#c...   Have you forgotten all that?

0 Kudos
Sootie

Well see---I knew you would come along and tell me what I am doing wrong so I was not worried at all.

As I believe I have told you.......many times the explanation of how to fix something on here is so complicated and detailed I often just ignore it. But this seems simple so.....once again.....thanks.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Maki's reply? "Maki reply says it all I think."  I don't see any response from Maki here.  I'm confused myself.  Perhaps she deleted it?

0 Kudos