cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2021

Hello all. I went through surgery January 22, 2021. Hour late getting started. It took 4 hours. All I remember is the anesthesiologist said go to my happy place. He said good bye and I woke up when it was all over.   I was in hospital Friday and Saturday nights and they sent me home Sunday. At this point the surgery is successful.  I follow up on Feb 4th for xrays and instructions.  I have a lozenge in my mouth. Still feel like I am cheating,  but it's helping me not puff.  I had 4 vertebrae removed and a plate put in to fuse. At this point I don't have a floppy head lol. I am very tired, and in pain at times. I am  not allowed  to lift more than 5 lbs. I pretty much sit and lie down to sleep. So I will keep on keeping on. My quit date is January 16. Good for me. I will keep in touch. Until next time stay safe.  

NEWBIE 10 Days.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Using a lozenge is better than smoking a cigarette!  As long as you use them only as a last resort, you will be fine...not to worry about something that is helping for now.

Glad the surgery is over!  Healing with happen faster and be more thorough now that you aren't smoking.  ALL good!

elvan

Good for you. Glad the surgery is over, congratulations on 10 days. YoungAtHeart‌ is right, a lozenge is better than a cigarette.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Strudel

Way to go on your quit - 10 days is great! You are going to heal much better as an ex-smoker. Take care! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

Bet it is such a relief to have the surgery behind you. Yes... as everyone said....a lozenge is better than smoking!!! You are on day 10? GREAT! CONGRATS!!! Every day is a step forward. Rest and heal.

0 Kudos

A lozenge is not cheating, they're meant to help you quit smoking just like you're using them for! Use them to get through the worst and then have a plan to start cutting back. Just don't stop them too soon just because you feel like using them is cheating. I used lozenges. I cut back and stopped using them all together sometime 2-3 months into my quit. I'm now 204 days quit. Hope you have a quick recovery. 

So glad it’s went smoothly and you’re home recovering. Yes, take it easy. And don’t smoke. You’re doing great. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad the surgery is over and your on your way to healing.  Congrats on 10 days of success.  As smiling_accountant  indicated the lozenges are not cheating.   They're a tool to help you quit smoking for good.  Follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Take care and get plenty of rest.

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

10 days is super CathyC1332 I am proud of you...this will help so much with your healing...rest and get well soon...keep close to us...~ Colleen 786 DOF 

0 Kudos