cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Fancy Pickin'

Just a divertessement to lift one's spirits....

Tags (1)
10 Replies

Nice!

0 Kudos
Giulia

I figger'd you'd be first in line to check this out.  I just LOVE how people think out of the box when manipulating guitars (and other musical instruments for that matter).

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Giulia

Big smile on my face right now.  (Lost everything I just said, but we will try again!)  How the heck can you change notes by turning your thingie, (well, uh, turning our thingies can definitely change our notes, lol) but you know - what's it called ... how on earth can you get the right note by turning your string in an instant?!!!  Let alone with a capo??  Wonderful and bizarre.  The other other thing I found particularly fascinating was his relationship with audience  As a performer I can see the juxtaposition of wanting to emote and have silent listeners and then there are all those who are singing and he's laughing with them, but experiencing a duality emotional presence, I guess I'd call it.  Or I was anyway, putting myself in his position.  Also interesting is that he wrote about his girlfriend's father who was a skin-head with tattoos and now he is one himself.  I just wish he had a strong vocal ability as well. He looks like someone who would and it's such a contradiction to hear this soft, delicate voice come out when his speaking voice is much more bass.  The experience was just bizarre and wonderful.  Thanks!'

Went on and found this beautiful piece by him:  Jon Gomm - Passionflower - YouTube 

Those are called Scruggs Pegs/tuners. Earl Scruggs the banjo player invented them and used them to detune strings by certain intervals. They call them detuners now.

I loved the comraderie in the fact that his audience knew all the words and nuances of the song and they could all enjoy it together.

the tapping is pretty amazing. I never learned how to tap on the guitar or pop  on the bass but I really learned guitar to accompany my voice.. 

0 Kudos
Maki

Wow! 

0 Kudos
elvan

These are AMAZING!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Amazing Talent...thanks for sharing ... hope all is good in your world Giulia 

0 Kudos