cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mikiraelene30

Dreams about smoking

I been having dreams. In the dreams I am smoking a cigarette. I quit smoking 18 days ago.  So for the past week I been have dreams. I wake up angry with myself thinking I did but I didn't. It start my mornings off rough. 

5 Replies
Thesegoto11

Yes, it can be unsettling especially the first few times it happens.  I was horrified.  But, it's all part of the process of quitting.  Like crave episodes, the dreams will become fewer and farther between.  Thankfully, I've reached a point where during the dream I realize I'm dreaming.  Best of luck.  Hang in there.

Barbscloud

This is very common.   Some folks call them smokemares.   After almost three years, I still have them occasionally.  Sometimes I smoke in them and other times it's  was just a possibility.   It can be scary at first when you first wake up and think you smoked.

Congrats on 18 days smoke free.  We're here for you anytime we can be of assistance.  Just reach out!

Barb

sweetplt

Many of us have experienced “smokemares”...so scary...but you dreamt you smoked ... you didn’t do it...in time they will fade...be vigilant and come here in the morning when you are feeling unsettled about these dreams...~ Colleen 783 DOF

I haven’t had one of those dreams. I’m on day 81. I think I’d freak out too but when I realize it’s a dream I think I’d be so grateful it was only a dream. Hang in there.