cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bonnie

Weekends on EX

Just have to say at the beginning of my "forever" quit 3 years ago, EX was pretty quiet on the weekends, or it seemed so to me at the time.  With covid, now this place hops on the weekends.  One positive

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

There are more positives if you look hard enough!  I see families (ENTIRE families) taking walks around my neighborhood at dinnertime almost every day.  In the before COVID  times the Dads (and Moms) would have probably been sitting in traffic commuting from far away, and the kids would have been in Daycare somewhere.  I imagine pollution has gone way down from the reduction in commuting and air traffic, too.  My lawyer neighbor said he is going to try to continue to work from home at least three days a week when this all ends he has liked it so much.

I imagine everybody is probably on everybody else's nerves from time to time, but I think being forced to have family meals at home, having to come up with things to do and entertainment within the family has hopefully led to some happy Twister and Monopoly memories!

JACKIE1-25-15

Yes there is more activity here since COVID.  I mentioned that to someone just the other day. 

sweetplt

Hi Bonnie...I agree ... when I started here I found weekends and holiday’s very quiet...much more activity by many elders and newbies and all in between...LOL...wishing you a Happy and Peaceful Sunday...Colleen 783 DOF 

Barbscloud

IDK.  I was always on the site on the weekends.

Barb

anaussiemom

tumblr_mb2xjwqtDM1r2dpibo1_400.gif

I would be sad if there was no activity here on weekends. It’s not like our cravings take a break on weekends. But I do find people are not here late into the night. 

0 Kudos
Bonnie

I didn't mean "no" activity, just less. EXers are from all over the country--and different countries, too--so different time zones.  And there may be people online that just aren't posting.

If you ever feel close to losing your quit, type "HELP" as the title of your blog post and if there's anyone online (particularly an elder--an EX with a year or more) they will respond.  Meanwhile, continue blogging what your feeling--frustrated, angry, etc.--until the crave/urge passes...And it will...promise...whether you smoke and not.

Congrats on a great beginning...as a chronic relapser I found month THREE to be a real challenge...so stay close and stay smokefree!

JACKIE1-25-15

I am so proud of you.  I remember the difficulties you had. You never gave up and now boldly paying it forward is another way to protect your quit. To receive you have to give.  Thanks for being here. 

Bonnie

Thanks, Jackie! I am feeling rather bold these days  fearless, really