cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JuliePatricia

I'm starting to get scared.

Im not sure what it is about. But im feeling a real sense of panic the closer I get to my quit date. I feel almost like a sense of massive fear. Its like Im emotionally paralyzed. I havent done much the last view to support my quit. Its like Im trying very hard to hold on to and let go of something all at the same time. Has anyone ever felt this way?

Where can I buy smoking cessation aids at a reasonable price?

Labels (1)
42 Replies

Absolutely! It’s the fear of the unknown and change. Our addicted minds think cigarettes are our best friend, our crutch, that we can’t live without them. I’ll tell you this; you will be just fine.  Stick around here and we will help you through your fear. The only thing you should fear is the damage you have or will cause if you do not quit smoking. You can do this! You will not regret it!

JuliePatricia

Thank you, so very much. Knowing I'm not alone really does heko. 

JuliePatricia

help not heko sorry typo

dsprague

a pack a day for almost 35 years, I quit December 25, 2020 the most scariest thing I have ever done, but the absolute best thing I have done. With education and all of the people here whose support and understanding are the best on this planet. I have made it 26 days, not to say it’s been easy, times yes times no. But you can make it with this desire in your heart and mind.

elvan

You are NOT ALONE. We were all terrified when we were starting to quit. We were afraid of failing, we were afraid of succeeding, what would we do without cigarettes, who would we be? It gets better, we support each other, we learn from each other, we GROW with each other.

It is a journey, one day at a time. You CAN do this.

Ellen

anaussiemom

I felt the same on numerous quits.   They seem to feel worse each time.   15 days free, the panic subsided quickly. You will see. 

Blessings to your quit, and blessings to a happy weekend for you.
zzzzz.gif

Rosie1917

JuliePatricia‌ - I'm feeling this way too. Tomorrow morning I will wake up a non-smoker, which is something I should be very VERY excited for and straight up thrilled about. And I am. At the same time, it feels fake or tainted because I am extremely nervous. And all for the same reasons you are. I'm afraid of failure.

I'm trying to remind myself that it is my addict brain fighting to weaken my resolve. And it really does feel like that; a little kid throwing a fit because it knows it is just about time to take a nap. But the truth is...if that kid doesn't go take that nap, it's going to be grumpy and shitty all day, and then it won't sleep at night - and YOU will be drained and lifeless because that kid just wanted to stomp its little feet and scream like a maniac. The same goes for the fear of quitting that your addict is going through - you need to tell it that it'll be ok, it is just really time for the addict to be put to bed so you can start to feel better. I hope my metaphors make sense. Lol!

I'm going to download this forum to my phone. So...if you need a quit buddy hit me up! 

JuliePatricia

I'd love a quit buddy Rosie. 

Rosie1917

Yay! Just message me any time. The way I see it, we're all quit buddies here. ♡