cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

SUNDAY JANUARY 17, 2021

I just popped a cinnamon flavored Nicotine Lozenge in my mouth. I like the flavor. The lozenge feels a little peppery to me. Not bad.  13 hours no smoke inhalation.  The very first thing I wanted when I got up was a cigarette.   I was intensely thinking should I smoke. I have no cigarettes in the house.  I could drive and get some. That's not happening.  I was going to walk but my brother in law asked me to wait until he gets home in case I should fall and need help. HELP. So by using Nicotine Replacement Therapy how does it make me an ex since I am still getting nicotine. My niece got me into journaling,  got a journal and stickers so I can be creative.  I have that to start. I bought a Yoga exercise pad, so I can do some simple stretches. I have lots of projects to keep me busy. I know how sneaky my mind can be. I am working on a Quit Plan. I asked my doctor if I could just keep smoking.  He said No. I also have the Nicotine Patches. So until next time Stay safe.  Proudly signing out.

NEWBIE  13

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Congratulations!  You have made changes and that is something to be proud of.  13 hours is a long time to tell yourself no.  Stay strong and don't worry about using aids to help you stop.  We each have our own way to manage.  It will get easier and you will feel better. 

I'm a participant in NML right now and feeling great. 

AnnetteMM

That peppery feeling is the nicotine. I personally didn't consider myself quit until I stopped using all nicotine, but it's a controversial subject with many many opinions here. Do what feels right to you and what helps you not smoke ever again. that's the important thing. Search out the Alan Carr book "Easy Way to Quit Smoking". A lot of us were helped tremendously by that.

Barbscloud

Congrats on your new beginning.   You can go for a walk now and another later.   When I had a craving, I would just walk out the door and go for a few blocks.  It helped me to refocus.  There is nothing wrong with your using an aid.  That's what they're for.  There are many successful quitters on this site that have used various aids.  Follow the instructions and you'll be weaning yourself off them soon.  Here's some information on NRT if it helps.  I haven't tried lozenges for a long time - cinnamon sounds goods.   

13 hours is great.  Glad your reached out!   Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Barbscloud/blog/2020/02/01/nicotine-replacement-wrong-or-r... 

indingrl

Cathy and thank YOU for sharing - FANTASTIC 13 HOURS NO SMOKE INSIDE OF YOU - GOOD JOB - I am very proud of YOU for STAYING a NON SMOKER - WAY TO GO MY sweet friend - Not One Puff Ever - YOUR doing that Cathy

elvan

Great job, Cathy. Thirteen hours is more than half a day...soon you will have a day WON! You are doing great.

Ellen

0 Kudos