cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dsprague

Withdrawal Symptoms

I have not smoked for 19 days, first 16 days were not to bad, but the last couple have been tougher than the first few. Anyone else had this and is it normal?

29 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Like every person is unique, so is every quit experience. Have you, maybe, gotten a bit lax in keeping yourself busy, or maybe in changing up your routines?  Not doing either of these could increase the intensity/number of cravings.  This takes effort on your part - and the better you get at working at this, the easier it will be for you.

DO continue to use the tools you found effective in the earliest days.  Don't EVER let that smoking thought go unchallenged.  Change your mind's direction.  Too - change up your routines.  Take a different route to the places you normally go, rearrange the furniture where you used to smoke, spend some of your saving on having your car detailed to get rid of the ash dust and stank, keep a cold bottle of water handy at all times from which to sip.......

Hope these tips help!

Nancy

maryfreecig

This is why you will hear slogans here at Ex like: one day at a time, one step at a time, NOPE, I don't do that anymore... In quitting we have to learn to live with ourselves--up, down, in between. Smoking was my go to cure all and when I walked away I discovered that I wasn't very good at dealing with my feelings, life problems (big or small)--what a shocker. I thought, 30 days and I'll be good. Ha ha!

But it is 7.25 years later--and smoking is not what I think of day to day. 

Good to hear from you. Keep moving forward!

Rachy2283

Keep going dsprague‌.  You can do this and AMAZING JOB on 19days!! That's AWESOME.  I'm following behind you and halfway there so I will let u know on day 19 how it is for me. Keep it moving.  N. O. P. E. No reason is a good reason!! We are all routing for you and I will say a little prayer for ya.  You got this

dsprague

Thank you very much 

Rachy2283

Its what we do feel r each other! Anytime

Rachy2283

For* each other

indingrl

Yahooooo 19 DOF

Thesegoto11

No.

0 Kudos