cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rachy2283

What's your Motivation?!

What motivates you to 1. Quit and stay quit and 2. To help perfect strangers to quit .

Reason for discussion: it's truly amazing to see so many quitters( smoking if course) with so much time quit and also compassion for others.

My reasons: 1. hubs, health, my children, and FREEDOM!!

2. I'm so thankful for all of the help I have received here!! Even if it is not much now as I grow, I definitely want to pay it forward!! 

Almost 9 days and counting!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
23 Replies
meWisconsin

Really can't remember what my original motivation was to quit smoking. Just knew that enough was enough and it was time to take control of my life. 6 years & 4 months ago. I now am in control.

Terry

Rachy2283

That's awesome!! I can't wait for those days!! Good job and thanks for answering

Cousin-Itt

Quickly

Waking up on a ventilator in the hospital with Joyce and my sons looking down at me.   I'll never forget their faces or will I put them thru it again.  With that said I will tell you that in my 4 plus years I have been given so many more reason to remain smoke free and the list continues to grow.  

Carl

Rachy2283

So glad you made the change and amazing how family will do that to you!! Great job and gr8 choice Carl

maryfreecig

Quit because I knew it was so bad for me and I wanted a chance to correct the mistake I made when I was young and stupid.

I come here to Ex to remind myself that nicotine/smoking is an addiction that has to be treated in order to recover. Maintenance is key. Eternal vigilance is key. If I went out on my own, all alone, in time I would likely forget why I quit. Just one might become a rational thought.

I hope to help others because I know how scary it is to quit. Kinda mind blowing--I know that it gets better. 

Rachy2283

Great job on making the decision and seeking out the tools to make your quit STICK!! Thankful always for your input maryfreecig‌ and thankful for your help. 

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo Rachy2283 on 9 days...

Honestly, I quit this last and final quit because of my health and I was so tired of smoking...just tired of it...I came here and in the beginning I found helping others helped me stay quit, then later it became a “pay it forward” because of so much help I received from the Elders.  Most of all, I never want a post to go unanswered, I want everyone to feel wanted...hope that makes sense...You are doing super...you and hubs and kids are so in my thoughts and prayers...~ Colleen 773 DOF 

Rachy2283

Great choice Colleen and you have been a blessing since I joined ex.  You are making a difference and I appreciate you as I am sure many others do too 773 days is amazing!! Thank you also for the prayers.

dsprague

My reasons, I have a few, 1 my health, started to go down hill, 2 this is a killer addiction if I can help someone to quit and save the life of one person that maybe the reason I am on this planet.