cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rachy2283

Anyone ever had fluid drained around the lung?

So nervous today as hubs is having chest cavity drained.  Such a scary thing.  You need your lungs!! Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure and what to expect.  One good thing is smoking is the least of my worries today.

11 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Rachy2283 when I said my morning prayers, I lifted you and your hubs in prayer...you and he have been on my mind for days...I haven’t a clue what draining a lung is like, however, I would think from me having asthma anything that clears out my lungs makes me and my breathing feel better...hang tight hon and keep us posted...~ Colleen 

Gotcha in my Heart and prayers...~

Rachy2283

Thank u so much Colleen.  Our Lord is so sweet to send those to pray for us. I'm thankful for your prayers and always your thoughts and encouragement.  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Barbscloud

Many years ago my husband had fluid drained a couple of time for his congestive heart failure.   They were able to do that bedside.   Don't know how similar this is.  Does he need anesthesia for the procedure?   

Rachy2283

I think a local...and did he get better after?

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

In his case, it was to give him temporarily relief.  But remember, it was for a different medical condition.  If it's done the same, I sat there an watched and my husband didn't seem to be stressed.  Will be thinking of you both.   Please let us know how it goes. 

Rachy2283

Will do .  Thank you

0 Kudos
dsprague

Our prayers are with you hubs, everything will work out okay.

Strudel

Prayers for your husband!

elvan

Prayers for both of you. DO keep us in the loop.

Ellen