cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Linn2331

Day 11 or 12? I had my last on the first...

Hey there! Well whatever day it is 11th or 12th. I had some moments earlier but I tried to find things to do. It is a bit harder with this Covid. I am somewhat restricted on where I can go because we are having it kind of bad here in my part of Georgia. My family has had some battles with it. So Library, usual thrift stores, visiting and etc. are out. BUT! I did pull out some actual books instead of the Kindle. I played a game. I avoided toxic people so far at least that want to bring me down. And though it is still screaming in my head, (not as much) I read the things to think positive such as, the No, I can’t and replace with, YES I CAN!. And I read about the snakes on the path as warnings you are trying to have one, That is a must for me so I put both on my phone! I love it here. Thank you for this group, the support and the care to let us newbies know there is hope! 

17 Replies
dsprague

Yes it’s very tough, I am in day 18 and to be truthful it’s not easy. You are going to have up and down days, but I am finding as time goes on it does get easier. The best thing I can say is that doesn’t the air smell better and food taste better. It takes a lot of work but with the correct mind set and support it can and will happen, you just need it in your heart. This is the best place you can be to get to we’re you want to go. The people here are fantastic they help, no questions no arguments they will help.

dsprague

Forgot one thing, educate yourself the more you know the better it will be 

Linn2331

dsprague‌, going to write in a minute. Today my nose is stuffy. Dry throat. I am ugh.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Linn2331 Keep trying different things to keep busy...definitely keep away from toxic people...You are doing great...keep it going...

~ Colleen 

Ps I forgot I got adult coloring books and color pencils and used to do many of those  especially if on the phone...

Linn2331

@sweetpit. Today not good. Ugh

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Are you doing things to distract yourself.  Go for a walk if you can, stay close, etc.  Be proud of your progress--you're doing great.

Barb

Linn2331

Barbscloud‌, I posted for today. Thank you so much. I will go for a walk or something. I am so depressed. I thought I was supposed to be happy but ironically, it will also be 13 days tomorrow and 13 years since my oldest daughter was killed in a wreck with 3 of her friends. But I was depressed when I woke up. Before I even had time to really think. Ugh. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Linn2331‌ l am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine losing a child. I hope you find some comfort in your freedom. This journey is one step at a time & it is certainly not fast but it will get easier. Sending you a comforting hug.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

That is so sad.  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.   You many not feel "happy" right away.  You're body is adjusting to the loss of nicotine and other chemicals, so it's going to react in ways you might not expect.   Be patient with yourself-you'll get there.   Be proud of your success and stay the course one day at a time.

Sending caring thoughts

Barb