cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RoseH

No More Day One’s... Only Days Won!

It Gets Better.png

If I can quit Cold Turkey, after chain-smoking for over 50 years, it is possible!  Drown your cigarettes.  Throw them away.  And get a positive attitude, that quitting smoking is the very best thing to do for your health!  I read an Allen Carr Book, and he suggested to quit without Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), because it was the fastest way to stop cravings.  It worked for me.  And be aware, that it takes more than a week or two, to really start losing the cravings, but always remember how long you smoked!  The timing on cravings is different for everyone, but it beats getting cancer or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (C.O.P.D.).  You will win, if you just say, “Not One Puff Today!"

6 Replies
Rachy2283

This is super good Rose!! Thank you for sharing. Positive attitude makes a difference and I thank u guys for helping me see that

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning Rose

We need to understand how many years we smoked and that it may take a month or so to feel good. A relatively short time Compared to 5 - 10 - 20 - 30 etc.... years we smoked Plus as you mentioned  Quitting is So Worth It            Everyday Smoke Free Day is a Win  Just string them together a day at a time

Enjoy your Day Rose

sweetplt

RoseH I just told Marilyn the other day .. this is my favorite...when we don’t smoke, it is another day won...Have a beautiful Tuesday dear Rose...~ Colleen 771 DOF

And even if you’d been diagnosed with whatever, it’s still never late. I’ve been diagnosed with COPD some years back but continued to smoke. My recent lung cancer screening shows emphysema but it’s all good because now I don’t smoke. I’ll deal with whatever comes! Today is day 69!

Rachy2283

Great job @HannahkimI agree 69 days is amazing!! Keep going!! Almost 90 days!!! I'm so very happy for u . Are u feeling better after 69 days? 

green1611

Fantastic !

Congratulations. The confidence speaks itself! 

Good and confident post!

All the best !