cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dsprague

Maybe Sometime

Maybe sometime we can all get together on these machines and have a coffee, tea, water or something other than alcohol and have a drink together. I guess the EX Cafe is gone but we can kind of do it here, Maybe?

9 Replies
indingrl

Yes -  please. - you can start the blog. - example title - fellowship get together - then pull up pic off internet of food and ask people to bring whatever they want to share and then thevchit chatting just begins and - people will come and share - no worries

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The EX Cafe could be brought back  Just need someone interested in opening the doors to the cafe

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
sweetplt

dsprague I am not sure if this is possible or not...However, a bunch here at Ex’s usually get together yearly in the US for along weekend...this past year they couldn’t due to covid and met online at night...perhaps they will help you out...

in particular Giulia and/or Mark 

Giulia

There are many internet platforms out there in which we can all communicate on line in real time and/or with video. The problem is that - oh too many to enumerate.  I have wanted an on-line chat/video availability on this site - but since it's associated with the Mayo  Clinic...you can't just get together -  because it's their site and  reflects on them  if conversations get out of hand and you need monitors...and it becomes all too complicated.  We did have a  Zoom get-together, but the amount of work it took to set it up and get it together made it a little daunting for the next experience if there is to be one.  

So I agree with you.  Maybe Sometime we will be able to communicate on line in real time, and maybe even see each other during the process.  Until then, we've got this method of communicating.  Until some source prevents it.  

How fun it would be if we could actually meet in person. Did I hear it’s been done? We could have like a east coast west coast or something like that so people don’t have to travel too far? Hmm

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hannahkim12345 wrote:

How fun it would be if we could actually meet in person. Did I hear it’s been done? We could have like a east coast west coast or something like that so people don’t have to travel too far? Hmm

Due to Covid, we did a virtual event but in normal years yes there is a gathering  in person.  EX Weekend in Las Vegas, May 2013‌, EX Weekend in Orlando, February 2014‌, EX Weekend in Nashville, April 2015‌, EX Weekend 2016 - Back to Vegas!EX Weekend 2017 - Virginia BeachEX Weekend 2018 - Bahamas CruiseEX Weekend 2019 - Virginia BeachEX Weekend 2020 - Virginia Beach‌(Changed to virtual).

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

We were all planning for a reunion again in Virginia Beach this spring, but Covid cancelled it.  I've been to two in person EX reunions.  Some here have been to all 7. It's been held from Vegas to a cruise to music city to the beach...   It's an amazing experience and one I wish all participants here could experience.  Hugs, poignant moments, tears, laughter, fun, camaraderie, and a deeper "getting-to-know" each other.  It's quite remarkable.  And I sure hope we can do it again!  But it takes an enormous amount of planning and a couple of gals here have outdone themselves in that regard.  As more and more people have attended over the years, I think we really need a "planning committee" to carry it forward.

Oh wow. I could have gone to the Virginia Beach one. Far but definitely driving distance. Too bad. 

Strudel

Hopefully you can join us next time we meet in person! Here are some pics from last time in Virginia Beach in 2019. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/24820-group-photos 

0 Kudos