cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Linn2331

HELP. Day 10 woke up great.. then downhill... ugh...

Day 10. I woke up excited because I didn’t feel agitated or have cravings. Then my family had put things on fb I responded kindly to, niece and nephew were rude. My sister was laughing about it and I was nearly in tears. She has been so aggressive since I quit (she smokes) and then i get out of bed, nose is bleeding. Does not happen with me. Now I am almost in tears, angry and ready to say screw it. My heart palpitates, I feel like my BP is up.  I do not want to fall apart because I am quitting. I mean day 10! ALMOST TWO weeks. 

20 Replies
dsprague

Please don’t give up you have come to far for that, let what say in one ear and out the other. Don’t lower yourself to that level. Some people get jealous because we can make things happen. Stay strong we are here for you.

Linn2331

Thank you! I didn’t cave but man I came close but came here and just started reading then tried a walk. It is hard when it is family but this is my new ex smokers family and I appreciate all of you so much! Thank you!

YoungAtHeart

RIGHT N0W!  Do this breathing exercise. Raise your arms out in front of your shoulders with the inhale, let them fall back to your sides with the exhale:

b881c6f56a0a8d0ae384de7f7e4df726.gif

Nothing that has happened will be impacted by smoking.  It ALL will still have happened, and the impact will be GREATER if you lose your quit over it.

THEN - march in place, or go for a walk, or call a friend.

Just don't smoke, ya' HEAR?!!!

Linn2331

Thank you! You are so right. I didn’t cave. Came here and read, then tried some exercise. Then cried. Do not have any physical friends but have some here. I did NOT cave. So glad. Thank you again so much! I also did the breathing! I just found badges! How do we follow? 

Cousin-Itt

You're doing great at 10 days.      You are accomplishing what most smokers dream of doing 

The chart bellow may help you.  Know what to expect can make things

Just stay strong You'll do fine

z.jpg

Linn2331

Thank you! I appreciate it so much!!!! I just found badges. Yours showed me a place to follow but did not see it but one other time. How do we follow?

YoungAtHeart

Linn2331 

Go to the page of the person you want to follow by clicking on their avatar.  In the current format (sometimes it changes!) there is a box under the large banner on the far right to "Follow."

Linn2331

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Linn2331

YoungAtHeart‌. I found mentions! Rachy2283elvanindingrlYoungAtHeartJACKIE1-25-15Barbsclouddspraguevol876Cousin-IttThesegoto11! Now if I can remember to do this when answering! Thank you all so much!