cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

SUNDAY JANUARY 10

I have almost finished Allen Carr.  I set my quit date for Jan 6. I really paid attention to what he has to say and my behavior. He is spot on. All I could take in was don't quit smoking until your finished reading.  I went to my doctor on Friday for pre-OP. Before I even got to the appointment I decided I was going to smoke when I got home. My doctor and I figured with smoking and quitting during my life, I have smoked off and on for 35 years, mostly on. So I bought a pack and continue to smoke it. Allen tells how he quit during the time he was counseling others to see if he could smoke just one NOT. as he admits. I find listening to him and comparing to my smoking behavior is beneficial.  I also listen to the reading of his book on line. For me it sinks in better when I hear and listen. So book is almost done, cigarette pack is almost finished. I was feeling bad and trying to figure out how I get out of this one. Amazing how our minds can deceive us. The monstor within working on brainwashing. Anyway I have been demoted from Newbie 27 to just Newbie. But I will work on getting promoted. I will keep at it. Thank you all for the kind remarks and encouraging words. It's coming together for me. Til next time. Stay safe.  Newbie. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

SO happy you have done the recommended reading!  I know it made a BIG difference in my success.

You can do this - I smoked for probably longer than you have been alive - and I did!!!

elvan

Like YoungAtHeart‌, l smoked for a very long time. UNLIKE YoungAtHeart‌, I did not quit on my first try. She DID & she has been here longer than l have. I look forward to watching your numbers grow again.

Ellen

sweetplt

CathyC1332 ... believe in YOU...You deserve the quit especially before having surgery... we are here for you...keep close...~ Colleen 769 DOF 

Barbscloud

Glad you're still working on your quit.   Keep committed.

Barb