cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

One of many low dose scans

I have no options, I have to stop killing myself with cigarettes.  (the only thing I put in my lungs" besides fur and such)
       Hence had a low dose scan done.  Over a week ago.  Finally woke up to the dreaded phone call, of the findings.
Pulmonary Doctor, said scan is Stable.  A better finding than it could have been for sure.
      I feel backed into a corner to not put anything in my lungs (smoke). !! That is a good thing for someone who has smoked for almost 50 years.  I feel grateful to God.   That everything is stable.  I am so blessed with decent health.  Have BP issues, COPD.  As I said could be much worse.
   I vow to take one moment at a time, and not get giddy on my quit.   To stay focused on my new quit.  
 Thank you Ex Org. for having a place to say yeah me", and to help speak of the crazy high &  lows we go thru...

Tags (1)
31 Replies
sweetplt

anaussiemom Kim I am so glad you are back in the journey...and you are here at Ex’s...most of all, I am glad your scan was stable...keep it going...”one step at a time”...and wishing you a Happy Friday...~ Colleen 

anaussiemom

Thank you.  All I can do is moment or hour or day at a time phew. ..

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

So happy to hear your scan was good.   One of my scans 4 years ago, helped motivate me to quit.  I tried to quit and ended up going another year smoking, but it finally struck home.

It's time to take advantage of the good news.

Barb

anaussiemom

Your right.  I decided before the news but after the scan.  I feel ashamed to tell doctors I smoke after all these years.  Now I can now say, I dont smoke anymore.  Praying with Amen.

dsprague

I also had a scan December 20, results came back stable but have 4 nodules 3 stable 1 shrunk. And also ascending aorta 3.5 what ever that means. Anyway stay strong anaussiemom and a lot of us are going to follow your lead. I thank you for being here.

dsprague

Quite a wake up call, we should be smarter and not need such a call to quit. NOPE

anaussiemom

Thank you.  I will follow your lead as well. As congratulations.  Your aorta "  Have you asked what the change is?
I thank you for being here too.

dsprague

Waiting for the doctor as usual 

0 Kudos

Yes you are lucky. I haven’t smoked as long as you but in my low dose X-ray it showed emphysema. I guess it is different for everyone. I am also very grateful and will deal with what comes. Just super glad I quit!