cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JuliePatricia

I changed my quit date

I changed my quit date to 2/4. 

I just felt like I have some much on my plate right now. I think that if I didn't  change it to a time more manageable I would only be setting myself up to fail. And than I would feel even worse. And the other hand I can't help but feel, maybe its just a cop out. I'm so confused.     

Tags (1)
7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

You can set your date for whatever you would like for it to be.  The main thing is preparing planning and educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine.  When you are ready you will know.  Some people just jump in and quit.  I planned my quit date but was 2 days late.  Some set a date and quit sooner. How are you going to go about your quit. Cold turkey? NRT"s Meds Education is the key to success. Let me say it again.  Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

JuliePatricia

Thank you,for your thoughtful advice. Many members have mentioned the importance of education. So ill do that. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JuliePatricia‌ Don't forget to click the logout button in the upper right and then login to sync the quit date to the community.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
indingrl

Cool

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Your date is your date hon JuliePatricia however, during this time you should be planning, reading and keeping close to the support group...remember that life happens whether we smoke or not...and this journey is learning to accept life without the smokes.  There will always be good excuses...keep in mind when you think things are rough and bad right now, what if on top of it you were diagnosed with a smoking related disease...you make the choice right now to quit, not someone else...I am don’t trying to be hard on you, but don’t let the addiction continue to talk you out of quitting...keep close to us, it will help you towards your quit date...wishing you a Happy Friday ~ Colleen 767 DOF 

Barbscloud

Everyone's journey is there's.   I picked a quit date, used some aids, and was lucky enough to find the Ex a week before my quit date.   Whatever date you pick, use this time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create your quit plan.  These two steps you help you with a successful quit.  You mentioned you have upcoming surgery.   It would be an excellent time to quit for your health.

Whatever you decide, we're here to support you.

Barb

Giulia

To me the obvious answer is:  if on 2/4 you then come up with another reason for putting off quitting... you'll have the answer to  whether it's a cop-out or not.  We have to trust our instincts with this, but we also have to be aware of the excuses we make.  If YOU think this is an excuse - it probably is.  ('Cause that Best part of us ALWAYS knows the truth.)  You don't need our responses to have your answer.  You just need to trust that Best part of you.  

I just see that you put out another blog on this.  Moving to it....