cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rachy2283

DAY 1 Again😄👍

Day one again.  Such a great feeling and a sad feeling at the same time.  It's almost as if smoking is a filthy part of us.  It stinks, makes us cough, is expensive, yet it is part of who we are.  Well no more.  I for the first time in years was smoke free for 4 days and I felt like the old highschool runner me.  The cough subsided, the smell was gone...new smells were flooding my nose, my food was AMAZING ... I had more energy, and then bam one nasty trigger that I did not resist and flat on my face I went.  Reading this and thinking about it.... It is a NO BRAINER to quit.  Lord go before me, and help me to be satisfied with just being me and help me not to long for the stinky assassin any longer in Jesus name. 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Barbscloud

Don't look back.  Use this as a learning experience and move forward.   Review your quit plan to see what you could do differently to be prepared if tempted again.   Don't have cigarettes available and remember, reach out before your smoke.   That's what we're here for.

Congrats on day 1.

Barb

Rachy2283

Thank you Barbscloud.  Will do. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

What will you do differently THIS time?  Will you do some reading, make a list of distractions to keep with you, change up your routines?  Einstein stated that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.   DO have a plan for what you might do in the same circumstance that allowed you to make the decision to smoke after you had quit last time.

Acknowledge that the same feelings were there AFTER you smoked as before you made that bad decision.  You got a brief hit of dopamine which allowed you a brief respite from your emotions  - but those feelings weren't gone, were they?  You can STILL take a break and go for  quick walk, or take some slow/deep breaths, or call a friend - smoking is not required.

Let us help you get it done THIS time.  Promise yourself you will come here and blog "HELP" before you light up and give us time to talk you down off the ledge.

You CAN do this. Let us help!

Nancy

Rachy2283

Committed and did a ton of reading. I am more educated this time and I do have some extra tricks up my sleeve.  Also going to try to blog here daily if life allows about my journey through this quit.  I am going to own it and and make sure I hold myself accountable.  That also will help. Thanks always for the great advice and for helping us think MORE. So thankful to found EX.

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you are back on day one.  Please know that you will always have the free will to smoke or not to smoke.  It will always be your choice. Making the right choice takes commitment to prepare, educate, plan and most of all learning to protect that quit that you have started.  That is WORK.  It is not easy but it is doable.  First educate yourself on the addiction to nicotine.  Read and study the suggested material.  Have you read any of the suggested material.   Come here before you light up.  Get rid of all smoking paraphernalia.  Be willing to let all it go.  Willingness will get you well on the journey for forever freedom.   

Rachy2283

Yes I have read ALL of it this time thanks to youngatheart's advice.. Definatley a great start. I also have a plan in place and some new tools thanks to the reading.  I read a few articles as well "no man's land" was a good one.  Who knew

Maki

Today's a good day to make this quit a sticker. You can do it ... Find your mantra and repeat it before you smoke . Use it as your strength until you can stand against cigarettes on your own . If that doesn't work and you are struggling so much that's the time to remember your human and we all need a little help sometime. Put your pride or fear aside and post before you smoke . You are helping yourself and others when you do so . 

Rachy2283

Will do.  Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
dsprague

Sorry you fell back, but it will make you stronger, you can look back at history and say crap, but then you can look to the future and make it what you want it to be. You are writing it now and forever. Be the Best you can be.