cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

redpepper

New Found Time

It is pretty cool not to have to open all the doors and windows and spray down the house and wash loads of stinky clothes and blankets and over-Febreeze everything and hose myself down with perfume every. ten. minutes (especially when it's cold)! It's profoundly noticeable that I have so much extra time and energy now that I'm not doing all of that stupid work to cover and deny smoking! I have a three page-long list of to-dos. And seven more days of vacation. Steady as she goes...

A monk once said to me when I asked how to achieve happiness, "Little, little, little."   (slowly, piecemeal, steady, notice the small successes)

I hear her voice in my head a lot these last few days. Little, little, little. 

I'm sure others can relate. Just thought I'd put this on the table...new found time. A benefit of not smoking. 

5 Replies
maryfreecig

Great job putting your quit together one day at a time! Little, little, little is so true. Thanks for sharing your denial story. I fell in to that once pretending to be smober around my mother and sister. Right, takes a lot of work.

YoungAtHeart

All that work - and I wonder, now that you don't smoke and are starting to notice the stink of those who do, if you think you were actually fooling anybody?  I didn't even TRY to fool anybody, and am embarrassed to this day at how I stunk!  I knew there was a lingering smell of smoke - but had no IDEA how strong it was.  blech!

SO glad we don't smell like that anymore!

Strudel

Oh the Febreeze I went through! And I don’t think I was fooling anyone! 

Continued congrats to you on your quit! 

elvan

The newfound time is a GREAT bonus! Good for you!

sweetplt

redpepper You sound like me when I first quit...busy...the name of the game....enjoy the moments and glad you have vacation...you are doing it...keep close and a Happy Tuesday ~ 764 DOF