cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CrazyQuitter

Crazy Quitter's Message to Newbies.

Hi Newbies! Please Feel free to add long-terms quitters like me and other quitters on this site! 

We are all so very helpful without judgement and a lot of us like myself are really happy to! Maybe we can help take your mind off your cravings for a while! Either way We got your back!

On this website we all know what you are going through and posting blogs on this site is a really great  way to replace those cravings. It also helps you learn how to cope in other ways.

Keep in mind that

Addiction can come in many formats, whether you are you're a heavy smoker, drinking alcohol heavily, etc. But when it comes to quitting or cutting down the coping mechanisms are almost the same. The only difference is the mindset for each individual.

Now to take your mind off of it a tiny bit. Here is a bit about me!

My friends in the real world call me JuZ. I currently work in a small town in Western district Victoria/Australia.

I currently work as a kitfchenhand for a local restaurant that pay tribute to soldiers who fought in world war 1 and 2. Lest we forget.

I enjoy writing music, watching Netflix, a clean house, good food and wine! 

I am very independant. My friends reckon I am wise, funny and just an all round fun person to hang out with. But it depends who I am with!

I suffer from anxiety and depression. But I am managing it. 

'and of course I used to be a smoker like you guys!

Before they jacked up the prices down here I ended up smoking up to...a carton of cigarettes a fortnight. The reason why I started was I think it was because I was getting out of a controlling relationship and undergoing changes, which made me decide in the first place.

But 2 years on I HATED IT. and when I tried to quit it was torture. The first days and weeks and months are the very hardest and I reckon you can all relate to it. After about 4 times trying to quit with sort term intivals I managed to finally kick it. I have regretted it ever since and now I am fully smoke free 7 years and 6 months. I am free, I no longer crave and I can breathe, smell better and be much happier.

I quit in my early to mid 20s. I am now 35 going on 36 this year. YES I am still here now helping all you loverly movers and shakers!

.Whether you have been smoking for 2 years or 30 years everyone has the full potential to quit. You just gotta get those coping skills and strategies in place and with lots of practice just like everything else you gotta deal with in life!

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Giulia

Lovely blog!  (Except you might want to correct this:   "managed to finally kick it. I have regretted it ever since"  lol)  Great blog to start out the New Smoke Free year with!  Happiest of 7th to you, JuZ!  Are you an Aussie or just work there?  Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get to hear some of your song creations.  Hope so.

0 Kudos
CrazyQuitter

Yeah I am from Australia. I've actually been 8 years smoke free just clocking this year. I quit Jan 1st 2013!

You'll get to hear my song creations through my personal blogs. Links are already in there somewhere.