cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

2020 DECEMBER 27, SUNDAY

I ran out of cigarettes on Saturday,  at 1:00 p.m.  I made the decision NOT to buy any more.  Other than feeling like I should and could sleep all the time, I am good. I haven't smoked for 23 hours. That time includes regular sleep time. I haven't finished Allen Carr,  but I read that Buster post. I should remember details better. Anyway that was filled with a lot of tasty stuff and I think it helped my brain to click.  Stay safe! My quit date is scheduled for January 1, 2021.

Labels (1)
19 Replies
sweetplt

Hi CathyC1332 ... congratulations on almost 1 days quit smoking...that is super...listen to your body, if you are tired, rest...Your body is healing .. and it takes time from all the chemicals we fed into them...I was tired for a good month after I quit smoking, I found that was a better withdrawal then those that couldn’t sleep.  Embrace your Freedom .. keep busy and keep close to us...Colleen 755 DOF 

indingrl

CONGRATS 23 HOURS nicotine free - Yahoooooooooo - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am curious.  It's YOUR quit, and if you think it is best for you, that's fine....but.......are you quitting before your quit date?  If not, not smoking for days and then smoking again before 1/1/21 is just prolonging your withdrawal and might be making it more difficult to quit than it needs to be.  If you aren't buying anymore cigarettes, I might call Saturday your quit date and keep at it.  You've already gotten almost 2 days done!

CathyC1332

Curious? I was just stating my quit date is Jan 1, 2021. It has been hell quitting smoking, I certainly dont plan on starting again.  I would have to be insane to do so.  I once quit for 10 years and the 2nd time for 15 years. I cannot tell you the date I quit. But I can give a scenario when I started. I guess the date isn't that important to me at this time. Maybe it will be in the future. For now I guess counting hours is exciting and fun and I am on a SMOKELESS break right now drinking water. I am working on house chores to keep me from going to sleep. Feel dizzy, lightheaded,  tired, at peace. What a way to be lol. Stay safe til next time.

YoungAtHeart

CathyC1332 

All that you describe are normal withdrawal symptoms.  If you are tired, do rest.  Your body is working to start healing from damage done.  Do whatever it takes in the early days - WHATEVER it takes!

That’s awesome! You’re going to do well! Happy New Year!

elvan

You are DOING this, congratulations. That sleepiness is very common at the beginning. Heck, you have more experience than l do, you know what you are doing. Stay close, you are helping others as you grow your quit.

Ellen

arubablue

my quit date too!!  scared to death but rather be miserable for a bit than wind up with cancer.  my dear friend was just diagnosed with stage 4 already spread.  this was my wake up call, quit once way back and made it through 4 years.  Far from easy, the hardest thing ive ever done.

CathyC1332

Well here it is 84 hours later since I smoked my last cancer stick. I changed my quit date AGAIN lol. I put it back to December 26, 2020. I found it is a bit tedious counting hours quit.  But that is okay. It helps me focus and gives food to my brain.   I must say I have felt wild and full of excess energy.  Not a good thing. I am working on finding a way to channel those feelings of being anxious.   Believe me I do deep breathing.  I fill my being all the way to my toes.  Since I have an excess of chemicals in my body, I feel like I am still smoking. So I close my eyes and pretend I am sucking on that cigarette. I take my deep breathing , smokeless breaks this way. I feel satisfied for 2 minutes. I am proud of myself that I dont smoke anymore even though I am bouncing off the walls. I have to see the humor in this and I talk to the child within me. I am like a toddler having a tantrum. I wish all of you continued success. Until later. Stay safe.