cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

TaracaX

1223209pm

I am about to quit for the final time. I've gathered resources and preparing to use them, including this site. I have tried several times and failed. I am determined this time and hope to chat with this community often about my Final Quit and Journey to become a bodybuilder.

Taracia

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

With determination and education you can have a successful quit. Read Study Blog Stay Close. Be a quitter.  Yay!

maryfreecig

Welcome back TaracaX.  One day at a time you can do this.

What has inspired you to learn body building? Are you in progress or starting after you quit? 

TaracaX

Yes, I did it in my 20's for 1.5 years and went from 120 to 145 lbs. loved the feeling!

maryfreecig

I hear you!!!! I love to walk and hike, but a little bit of a work out regularly --goes a long way!

YoungAtHeart

Welcome back, Tara!

STILL love your jewelry!  Are you still making it?

I am wondering what you are doing differently THIS time? Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Have you done some reading?  Made a list of distractions as a reference if it gets tough?  Made a list of your reasons for quitting so you might refer to it as you go along?  Increase not only your strength, but use exercise as a dopamine producer and stress reducer?  Changed up your routines to reduce the associations and triggers?

I hope you have done all of the above - it WILL increase your chance of success!

Let us know how we can help make this your FINAL trip down this road1

Nancy

0 Kudos
TaracaX

Yes still doing jewelry, I have a meditiation app I plan to use for urges. Read Carr's book. and have QN too

elvan

Welcome back, you CAN do this, you HAVE done it. Sounds like you have a solid plan

Ellen

0 Kudos
green1611

Great. Welcome to EX group. You will you can !

All the best !

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome back.   Review your quit plan and move forward one day at a time.  Remember to reach out when you're having a rough moment.  It can really help to have that support.

Barb

0 Kudos