cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

Conjunction Almost

I'm sure everyone has heard about Jupiter and Saturn The Christmas Star

The year 2020 will end with a special astronomical event: the closest great conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in 397 years. On December 21, the two planets will almost touch in the sky.

Joyce and I had a chance tonight to see the two planets semi close Thought I'd share the picture If you look closely you can see both planets  Tomorrow they will look like 1

12 Replies
Maki

My brother just sent me some amazing shots of it as well  from the 18 ...to the 20th .. amazing ! 

Giulia

Photo didn't show.  Waaaaaaa!

meWisconsin

It has been too cloudy around here to see it. Maybe the next 397 years it will be more clear.

Terry

sweetplt

Oh wow...picture didn’t  show up Carl....we never looked for them...tonight we will try and view...Thanks for the reminder ~ Happy Monday ~ Colleen 749 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

star.jpg

Thought I try again    It will be brighter tonight except snow or raining here   The picturewas taken with a phone  

sweetplt

Thanks Carl Cousin-Itt I can see both of them....oh wow...you got a good picture of both planets...

Cousin-Itt

I was shocked at how bright they were and you could see both 

sweetplt

And no stars or anything just the two planets...Cousin-Itt I can’t believe we missed it....will look tonight at the one star together tonight ... but cloudy may not see it ... 

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

A hour after sunset is the best time to look.  This was taken around 6:15 / 6:20

0 Kudos