cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bill16

Gay and Quitting

When joining this site I did not find any group specific for the GLBT community so hopefully this can be comfortable group to support those of us who are quitting.

Chime in brothers and sisters, I know we can all support one another in winning this battle.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
christopher3

I was SUPER glad to see a gay/lesbian members group on here!
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

I am so glad to see this site. After all the years of smoking, thinking there was no way out, here I am 3 days into my smoke free life. Have found that my smoking has been a turn off to a potential mate, and now feel I am on the right path for sure. Maybe not with that particular mate, but it has opened my eyes to a more healthy life.
0 Kudos
blueeyedcubtn

I may need some serious support from places like this as I am quitting smoking after 9 years...and my partner of 3 years has absolutely no intention of quitting. In fact, the last two times I tried to quit, he begged me to start again. He does not really take kindly to the edge I feel while trying to ignore a craving to light up. This is not going to be easy at all!

0 Kudos

Hey Blue Eyed Cub...say hello some time I am new here too and just quit two days ago.

0 Kudos
blueeyedcubtn

I am so very proud to make this announcement

Attention WORLD! I have successfully quit an entire MONTH before my official quit date! This was my 30th birthday gift to myself. As of February 3, no cigarettes at all! I spent my birthday without nicotine of any kind! I have made it around all the triggers...fortunately the wallet speaks louder than the cravings. Now if I could just quit the booze...

0 Kudos