cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maki

Notifications

Jump to solution

If I respond  to a post I get a lot of notification when others respond to it . Is there anyway of blocking that .

Ie : if I'm one of the first to respond and twenty posts are posted after I get notification on all of them . Anyway of blocking the thread if I wanted to ? Thanks . 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to that post. In upper right of that post click Actions and then click the follow option and uncheck the following option and it should stop for that thread. 

mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
indingrl

@ Mark knows - just sharing

ie  I posted long ago on the plus 20 minus 20' game and still get notifications . I don't want them as I stopped participating in it Mark . It gets too much . Thanks . 

0 Kudos

Go to that post. In upper right of that post click Actions and then click the follow option and uncheck the following option and it should stop for that thread. 

mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
sweetplt

Maki 

Maki did you try going to “Preferences” and then click on “Notifications” and turn off the notifications you don’t want ? 

0 Kudos

That is overall community notifications.  You want to be more careful about disabling those.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Maki

One I should of thought of that , two I don't see that option , but now you've hinted I will take a look more .

No rush .. I'll figure it out one day lol . 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I am not sure, but looked for you...what I did...? Maki 

I went and clicked on my icon on top of page

Then, it brings a list down, clicked on “preference”

That brings me to a page all about “notifications”

Now one thing I thought of ... it may be that once you respond to a post, the system may automatically send you notification from everyone who responds to that post...not sure, but I would think you should be able to turn off on that page ...

Mark will respond Mark especially if we put his little mark here...done...lol...

0 Kudos

Yes it does.  That’s why if you just want to unsubscribe from one post you unfollow only that post.  Replying to it again will resubscribe you though.  Just an FYI. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
Maki

K found it but can't activate or deactivate .. oh well .. we tried .