From the tip jar:
- Everything you did as a smoker, you can relearn to do as a non-smoker.
- Triggers don't create relapses, smoking creates relapses. Don't be afraid of triggers. View them as learning opportunities.
- Ask yourself what it was like to smoke, what it was like to quit, and what is it like to not smoke. Which is better?
- Adopt a day-at-a-time mentality. Think of the "whole cow" view. Do you want to eat the whole cow all at once? Or, one juicy steak a day?
- I'd rather be an ex-smoker who sometimes thinks about smoking than a smoker who is always thinking about quitting.