Ldizz

Today feels like a funeral for a (toxic) friend...

Discussion created by Ldizz on Dec 4, 2020
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2020 by Hannahkim12345

Hi everyone - I'm new here, but my quit day is tomorrow. Today is my last day vaping, and in a weird way it feels like a funeral for a friend. I know vaping is bad for me, and I know I'm resolute in my reasons why I'm quitting - I want to have more children, I want to feel free from the stranglehold nicotine and my vape have on me, I want to live a healthier life where I respect my body and my mind more. But I can't help but think about how vaping has "been with me" through hard times in my life - that it's allowed me an escape from things that have felt so hard to deal with. In a way, it feels like a funeral for a friend, but I know that vaping was never really a friend at all. I know I need to find healthier ways to cope with my stress and anxiety, ways to entertain myself during long drives alone, ways to unwind and relax without it. But I can't help but feel like this is a very permanent close on a chapter that's been open the last few years of my life.

I'd really appreciate some support from all of you in the community - you who have been able to overcome and redefine your lives without nicotine, vaping, or smoking.

My emotions are complicated, and I'm committed, but I also have a weird sadness too that I can't quite understand.

Thank you all in advance for your compassion and support.

Outcomes