Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Chandra2222

Starting my Journey!

Good evening,  start Chantix tomorrow!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Giulia

Hi Chandra.  Chantix has a helped a lot of people quit.  I'm a cold turkey quitter myself, so can't advice about that, but I hope others will chime in.  You can just type "chantix" in the search bar (click the magnifying glass icon upper right) and you'll be presented with different blogs on that choice.  

Chantix helps curb the cravings.  Which is great.  But it doesn't make them go away completely, is my understanding anyway.  There is no pill or NRT that is the magic bullet that takes away ALL cravings.  The real cure is simply time away from smoking.  Part of our addiction is behavioral and emotional/psychological.  We can get rid of the nicotine, the physical addictive substance, but then there's all the rest of the addiction that plays in.

You have to do the work, which means you have to educate yourself about this journey.  But part of the work is the psychological work, the emotional work.  We need to dig deep and understand certain truths about why WE smoke.  What the excuses are that we come up with.  We all have excuses for lighting that next cigarette.  Until we don't.  Until we realize that there are no excuses.  The work we have to do is figuring out what exactly it is that's holding us back from a full commitment, no matter what.  It's recognizing our fears, allowing for hope, keeping an open mind and being willing to experiment.  

Nothing to do with Chantix, sorry.  But all to do with the journey you have ahead.  And tomorrow is a new day on your journey to freedom!  Glad for you.

0 Kudos
Chandra2222

I understand, I was just asking for advice from people who have USED!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hopefully someone will speak of their experience with it.

0 Kudos