cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Help

I’m on day eight and my anxiety is high and I’m craving very hard. I was tempted to go across the street and ask my neighbor for a cigarette but I don’t want to give in to cravings and I need this anxiety to stop. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
sweetplt

Start doing these breathing exercises...

pastedImage_1.gif

sweetplt

If you suffer from anxiety, you need to work through the anxiety and that isn’t smoking...

Maki

Don't do it ... count to 8 .. do you want to lose those hard earned days ? I know you don't ... you've been working hard .. do the breathing excersise sweeplt put out for you here .. this will pass .  It will if you don't feed it .. starve it , grab a warm glass of milk before bed .. and congratulate yourself for posting for help. Great job . 

YoungAtHeart

March in place, call a friend, take slow, deep breaths (see illustration), touch your toes, take a shower, read things here on the site.  Take the control AWAY from your addiction.  You are the only person who can give yourself permission to smoke.  Don't do it!

Stay close to us.  Blog again if you need to!

Nancy

Giulia

A cigarette will not relieve your anxiety.  It will only relieve your craving.  Don't buy into the lie that is whispering in your brain.  The only way you can stop this addition is to go THROUGH it.  Deny it.  Starve it.  Your neighbor will give you what you want.  Do you want that of her?  Do you want her to be the enabler of your addition, your dependence?  I hope not.   I hope you stand fast to that Best of you.

Beautiful Inner Self Beautiful.jpg

Barbscloud

How are you?

Barb

Hi Barb,

im doing better than yesterday. I went to the store and then to bed when I got home. I’m glad I didn’t give in to these cravings and it’s 9 days now. 

Barbscloud

Congrats on moving forward.   Whatever it takes to deal with those cravings early on.

Barb

maryfreecig

I need this anxiety to stop.

If only it a thought, a wish could stop anxiety. Quitting isn't easy--and for some of us it's a bit harder mentally. I quit alone and angry. But even with these emotional upsets it is possible to put your quit first. Nothing requires smoking. And once you get over the addiction you can go through life and have ups and downs. You won't be linking how you feel to smoking. This is yours to decide. You only have to work it one day at a time.

Ex is here for you 24/7.