cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ncooper21

Day 1!

Hi everyone! 

About a month ago I started vaping again and I finally built up the courage to quit again. Anyway, I am just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for the second attempt?

thank you,

Natasha

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maki

Hi welcome 

I have not vaped  but I would think all the tools we used to quit smoking you can use to quit vaping as well . I always recommend posting before you vape , be sure to not have anything related to using around .. it is only temptation and makes one weaker than stronger . 

I would encourage you to share your experience if you are comfortable as it helps both yourself and others . 

Make small reachable goals ... one week , maybe a birthday , a online shopping experience at the end of the month .. ie ... what you would normally spend on vaping , buy something of a gift for yourself or someone else . 

Those are just a few things I would suggest , others will be along soon . 

Glad you are here , and congratulations . I'm so glad you've made the decision to quit vaping ... it is doable and here you have people who understand the trials ... you are not alone ... 

maryfreecig

My recommendation for any quitter is to seek and accept regular support. Quitting isn't a transaction--not for most of us. We have to relearn life and when we do that all alone, no quit friends, no helpful guidance, no nothing--we tend to sink into either unhappy resolve (who needs this?) or we sink back into the addiction. 

Quitting means seeking something better. It's easier to seek, find and keep this something better when it is shared with others.

Good to hear from you. Your decision to quit is powerful one. Stick with it, keep planning.

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s ncooper21 

I am glad you found our site.  I am glad you are back to quitting the vape.  Do you know why you choose to go back to vaping? Do you know what you would do differently this time?  Might I suggest you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  (replace smoking with vaping).  Also, read and educate yourself on quitting and addiction.  Lastly, keep close to the support site for help and to encourage others on this journey.  You can do this, we are here to help.  It takes a lot of hard work, but it is so doable.  You may what to join the 

E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users ... Reach out and we will reach in...Colleen 728 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your commitment to becoming nicotine free.   Realizing you may need support on your quit journey is a great beginning.   I know how much it meant to me having other quitters on my side.  Definitely educate yourself about nicotine addiction--knowledge is power.   And having a quit plan prepares you as you encounter life events.   

This isn't easy.  It takes work, but I know you can do it with the right mind set.

We're here for you and want you to be successful. Just reach out anytime you need support.

Barb

0 Kudos