cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

What would U like for the Daily Pledge this December month?

I've asked in the the past if any Elder - or anyone really with a substantial quit in hand - would like to take on the Daily Pledge page.  Nobody has offered.  (Several Elders have taken on this monthly page in the past and I certainly wouldn't ask them to do so again.  They've paid it forward already.  And many are continuing to pay it forward by doing daily or weekly blogs of their own.)   And I'm kind of out of ideas here.  And I don't particularly feel that the content I've put up for the Pledge is that involving, interesting, motivating of late....   So since no one has offered to take it over, I'm asking what you'd like to hear about, or discuss or have me address as a 14 year Elder.  I'm not too interested in "those events that happen in the  month of December."  That I can easily put up.  That's copy and paste stuff.  But I'm more interested in topics that relate to quitting.  Or promising, committing, steadfastness.... you get the idea.  Or a topic that hasn't been addressed before.  

Obviously the Pledge Page is simply that, a page in which we promise not to smoke, but I like to start out each month with a new thought about it.  Pledging, to my mind, shouldn't be mindless, by rote, daily "thank you for you hand, I promise not to, holding out my hand to the next..."  Where is the personal connection in that?  

Hmmm.  Maybe that's the topic.  Got it. 

But....

All ideas are welcome..   

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Maki

You are doing a great job . 

I don't pledge every day , but when I do , I definitely feel a connection and commitment to my quit , and as a team with my fellow quitters . 

I love your intro to the  beginning of each month .

Thanks for all you do . 

sweetplt

Thank you for all you do for us Giulia especially with the daily pledge.  I would volunteer, but I come here daily to help on each post and sometimes it is draining.  It is all the time I can take from my 3D world right now.  In the past, I have been a moderator at a site and I did quit dates on another site...both things threatened my “peace of mind” because people can be so cruel even when you are giving much of your time to help others.  I find people here who give and give and other’s that just take...when we are healing from an addiction, I think it is important to find a happy medium and/or the chains of the addiction will not be broken.  These are my thoughts and feelings, and I must respect others.

As always, you touch my heart to speak my truth, no one else’s...get my feelings out...I have never met you Giulia but from the time I have spent at Ex’s you have really touched me with all you do and how you truly take the time to articulate everything you say with action...You are definitely a mentor here to me and many...wishing you a beautiful day...Gotcha in my Heart...~ Colleen 

MarilynH

Aaah thank you Giulia for being such a sweetheart Hummm! my brain is totally mush at the moment I'm very thankful for the daily pledge although I'm not there everyday it's nice to know that when I want to pledge it's there to grab onto a pledgers hand and mine is there for someone else to take a hold of so they can also pledge to remain Smokefree......

Barbscloud

I wonder how many people see what's posted at the beginning of the month?  I'm responding to someone's else pledge and may or may not even see it.  Too me, it is about the pledge itself.   It is personal--I'm pledging to a specific person that I'm not going to smoke and the next person is pledging to me that they won't also.

Just my thoughts.

Barb

Maki

I do Barbscloud and especially often read these when I go there . 

Sunday’s Promise: Faith
Monday's Promise: Responsibility
Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability and Self Love
Wednesday’s Promise: Determination
Thursday’s Promise: Contribution
Friday’s Promise: Resilience
Saturday’s Promise: Perspective

Giulia

Thanks for your input, everybody.  Appreciate the kind words and also your different "takes" on the pledge page.  

MandaQ

This is my first month doing the daily pledge, my quit day was the first. I see what you mean about it not seem very personal, but to me, that is because most of the names are not familiar to me. as I continue to blog and participate on the site, names are becoming more familiar to me, so by the end of the month, my thoughts might change. 

Giulia

Good point you've made.  Thank you for it.  And Kudos on Day 2!!!

SuzyQ411

Dear Giulia‌....

It's very obvious how much time, effort and caring you put into the monthly pledge page and I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate that and also you as a person. Your presence and participation on the EX site offers us all of us the support, guidance and impetus to continue on our journeys.  I am sure it is challenging to come up with new messages for us as one month turns into the next. You do a fantastic job! I am hopeful someone will be able to step up and take over the pledge page to give you a well-deserved break. (But I, for one, would miss you.)